[17]

"Kids?" I asked while tilting my head.

I never thought about whether I like or dislike kids at all. Much less to have my own. So, the sudden question got me aback.

"Ummm...no? I haven't thought about it."

Jinsu stayed quiet for a moment, pondering before showing me a little smile, "I think you would work well with kids, Ji..." she blurted out.

"Huh? Me?" I scratched the back of my neck in confusion, "you think so?"

She nodded. "I totally see you with kids. I think they have a liking for you..."

I chuckled at this nonsense, "no they don't, Jinsu. I think they hate me, you know...?"

"Hate you?" She blinked repeatedly, "why are you saying that?"

I raised an eyebrow as if it was the most obvious thing. "Are you serious? Didn't you see how your students were eating me alive?" I pointed at the distance, "even now, they are mad at me for being so close to you..."

Jinsu followed where my finger was pointing, just to encounter some of her students staring at me with the same puffy and jealous cheeks.

"Ahh~~ hahaha~~ they don't hate you, Ji~~ they sometimes think that teachers are their mothers so that is why they act like that,"

I stepped back and humphed. "Always like that, huh? Well, what about my co-workers? They are not kids, Jinsu." I rolled my eyes, "you know, I don't even have a complete day meeting you and I already have enemies at one of my jobs and now in an elementary school... I'm starting to be afraid of being your friend. I think we should-"

"YAH!" Jinsu hit me in my arm with her tiny fist, "don't joke with that! I will kidnap you if you ever think of leaving me. Didn't I tell you how much effort it cost me to find you? Tsk! Tsk! How dare you?! How dare you?!!"

I laughed while pinching both of her cheeks. "Why do you have to be this cuuute for, huh?! I'm just joking, you silly~ I feel so bad for being so good at teasing you."

She humphed. "Well, I feel so bad for... I feel bad for..." Jinsu tried and tried, but nothing came to her mind. So, she gave up with a pout on her lips, "I'll think about something later. Can we go now, Ji? I think we can start our day-"

"Wait," I said while spotting someone running from my peripheral vision. "Aren't we going to wait for that child?"

It was that small kid I helped to communicate with his teachers just a few minutes ago. He came running while holding something in his little hands.

His arms extended as his eyes were glued to me, meaning that that hug was for no other person than myself.

Even if I knew this, I didn't know if I should or not run in his direction since the remaining teachers were in the distance, looking at the kid.

"It's okay, Ji..." Jinsu tapped my shoulder when she saw me hesitating. "You can reciprocate his hug..."

Having Jinsu's permission gave me the confidence to walk further and extend my arms while kneeling for him to come.

As soon as that small kid saw my action, he ran faster until collapsing with my chest. His little beanie bounced and showed me more of his long brown hair.

"Easy, buddy..." I gently warned, "te cuidado." and then patted his back. [Be careful]

He showed me a pout while accommodating his beanie just the way it should be. After that he climbed my lap and hugged me properly.

"Ten..." he whispered in my ear. [Take this...]

I separated his little body from me just to see a small chocolate bar.