[46]

My grip on Su-jin's body tightened, unconsciously, as if every little thing that was revealed could reach my baby boy's reasoning.

The more my uncle broke down the story, the creepier it got.

Everything that was said was far-fetched. Beyond believable.

At a certain point in the story, I felt gutted.

The picture of Jinsu lying on the floor while bleeding from between her legs was just terrifying. My uncle's explanation was so graphic that it made me feel triggered in so many ways.

The shivers sent through my spinal cord were unstoppable. I got so pissed that my tears felt hot on my skin as they were going down.

My jaw became tense. My teeth clashed repeatedly against each other for how much I was tightening them. I was raged.

The fact of not being there to protect Jinsu, to help her and take care of her, made me so mad that I felt my face getting red and my body shaking from sheer impotence.

Everything was too much for me. I couldn't even say anything but feel everything and imagine my cousin in pain.

My heart broke, and I swore I wouldn't be able to piece it back together.

But just so you know, the creepier things come after this.

If I thought that things couldn't get worse than my cousin dying, then, I was in the wrong. I was too naive.

What else could be worse than losing my precious cousin, right? What else could be worse than missing her important moments? What else could be worse than losing her without seeing her one last time before she parted from this world?

If for me, knowing, in this way, that Jinsu had passed away and that I had been raising her baby was indescribable...now imagine being told that your daughter died, but in reality, is alive and it's not a girl, but a boy?

Awful, right?

Jisung got it worse than me. One hundred times worse than me.

I once said that the Hwang family was a horrible one, that they only care about money, lands, status, etc. And I was not lying.

What I never thought was that my fucking family was so twisted.

Hwangs are fucking monsters.

Now I understand why Han Jisung's hatred towards the Hwang family is so strong. Now it all makes sense.

Just so everyone can understand, I'll try to summarize everything I got to know.

And I say 'summarize' because saying it again, with the same details my uncle gave me, just makes me want to bawl my eyes out and throw up from pure anger.

According to my uncle, at that time, Jisung was calling Jinsu's doctor, Su-jin's current doctor, he was desperate for someone to help my cousin. The details of the expressions Jisung made just increased my tears.

When he noticed my uncle's presence, he yelled for help.

My uncle said that he didn't even have the time to process that his daughter was pregnant. Everything happened so fast that he didn't have the time to think and just took Jinsu and Jisung to the hospital.

My cousin was immediately put in a special room with special treatment due to the benefits of belonging to a wealthy family.

What she was having was apparently a miscarriage.

Cause by what?

That's still unknown. But I am positive that it was my aunt's fault.

At first, everything seemed to be good with her and the baby, but as time progressed, Jinsu's blood pressure got higher and higher. This is because the baby wanted to be born at that same moment, or that's what the doctors said.