02 | take it slow.

Working at a cafe was both a blessing and a curse. On one hand you had access to free coffee and sweets, but on the other hand you had the most distracting coworkers of all time.

"Kuroo-san. Please don't mimic airplane noises while carrying Kedama around." You spoke while leaning against the front counter, scrolling through your phone aimlessly while waiting for another customer to walk in. Today seemed to be a particularly slow day despite it being a Sunday.

"Don't be like that Y/N-chan! He's loving it!" Kuroo spoke while you took the chance to glance at Kedama's oddly expressive puppy face. His wide eyes and flailing paws were a dead giveaway that he was not in fact loving it.

A small meow coming from the opposite side of you caught your attention, craning your head to the side to see a calico cat sitting directly next to your arm. You reached over and gave his head a few pats, gently scratching under his chin before the cat began to glow a fluorescent yellow, transforming into his regular human form. Dyed blonde hair filled your blindfolded vision, looking up and seeing your friend with a rather bored expression on his face, glancing in Kuroo's direction in annoyance.

"Kuroo. You're supposed to be working. Not playing." The teen stated in an otherwise neutral tone, standing next to your leaning form on the counter. "It's alright Kenma-san, Kedama will rip up his shoes as compensation for his suffering."

"Hah?! No way!" Kuroo immediately let the small pomeranian down, the tiny pup barking at him angrily before trotting into the back room. Most likely to find a place to nap. (Totally not to find Kuroo's shoes and tear them up.) Kuroo huffed childishly, crossing his arms and stomping away like an angry toddler to go find Kedama. Kenma trailed after him, swiping his Nintendo Switch from the counter despite having just told Kuroo that he should be working. Not playing.

You just sighed and turned back to your phone, scrolling through various social medias without any real intent of looking at anything.

The light jingle of the front door's bell caught your attention, your head turning to greet the new customer.

Heavy pants filled the air, sweat glistening down newly formed muscles. A young boy could be seen moving and pushing trash out of the once clean beach area, his heaving only muffled by the crashes of the ocean waves. A small, almost skeletal man sat a bit to the side, watching as the young boy gave his everything into cleaning the beach. Various scraps of metal and hunks of junk littered the area, though now it was significantly more clean than it was 9 months ago.

"You are doing well, Young Midoriya. Keep it up!" All Might, now in his skeletal form, encouraged the green haired teen on. His protege could only scream out a small "Yes!" and continue his work, his body barely being able to keep up with the pace he was training at.

A few hours passed until All Might deemed it all right to end their training session there, handing Midoriya a towel so that the young boy could wipe off his sweat. His track suit jacket was loosely tied around his waist, leaving a sweat soaked white t-shirt sticking to his skin. Newly defined muscles were evident, despite his baby face.

"Thank you so much for today!" Midoriya bowed deeply as his mentor gave a hearty laugh, patting him on the back as the teen stood back up. "This is necessary for you to become my successor. So I'm more than happy to see you giving it your all."

Midoriya was ecstatic. Even though he had been under All Might's wing for months now, he still couldn't get rid of the rush of excitement when his hero spoke to him in such a high degree.

The two bid each other farewell, leaving an exhausted Midoriya to walk back home where his caring mother awaited his arrival.

A small cafe on the corner of a rather silent road caught his attention, the cursive sign displaying the name "Nekoma Cafe" along with a small kitten face caught his attention, deciding to check out the place.