27 | i say, "i'm turning red."

(A/N: i was listening to bo en - my time on loop while writing this. you can listen to it while reading if you'd like but i think listening to it fucked up my psyche lol)

A superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.

The definition of a god always seemed so simple to you. The title has hung over your head since the day you were born. You were expected to follow in your father's footsteps, to take the throne once he had inevitably passed away. You knew that it wasn't going to be anytime soon, since he had been blessed with the same Six Eyes you bore.

However, deep in the back of your expansive mind, you pondered if there was someone out there who could put an end to your father once and for all.

There was no such person.

The wretched Kuromiya family that you had found yourself born into wasn't one that could be annihilated from the outside. The clan itself was untouchable, even with forces such as All for One still out there wrecking havoc among the world. Nobody could take the Kuromiya's off their throne. Fate wrote it to be that way, and that way it shall be executed.

That is, until you came along.

A girl with the desire to be free. To be unchained from the shackles of fate that held you trapped in your family's will.

The day that the one thing you loved the most was torn away from you in the most brutal way possible, was the day that you faced fate itself.

...

..

.

"Y/N-SAN!!!!"

It was as if someone had pushed you underwater. Your head spun as you stared down at Kedama's severed head on the grass, blood mercilessly staining the greenery below it in crimson. You hadn't even registered the pain in your chest until you looked down, noticing a blade sticking out of your left breast.

'Blood...'

You dumbly thought to yourself, fighting the urge to puke. Whatever you had for dinner had begun to rise up to your stomach, unable to stand the sight of your precious pomeranian staring back at you with cold, dead eyes. His previously snow white fur was drenched in a world of crimson, tongue lolling out to the side as his pupils stared into nothingness.

You could barely register your classmate's concerned screams as you sunk further and further into despair, glancing over to see them trying their hardest to make their way to you. The thing was, there was an invisible force keeping them out. Was someone using Infinity to keep them out? Was it Rui, Ichike? Either way, they helplessly trashed against the invisible wall, desperately trying to get to you as your blood pooled onto the ground in a puddle.

"It's been a while, hasn't it? Little sister."

The blade was plunged further into your body, a cough erupting from your throat causing spurts of blood to escape your mouth. You recognized that voice, it was the voice of your older sister Rui. Her sinister velvety voice was unmistakable, and now that you got a better look at the blade you noticed the familiar markings on it.

"Surely you've missed us, right?"

A different voice emerged from the trees, but one you knew all together. Older twin to Rui, Ichike. Your older brother.

You slowly lifted your head to stare coldly at your brother, eyes darkened as malice poured out from your body.

"Don't give me that look. You brought this on yourself."