08 | hot and ready.

Y/N Kuromiya, Age 6.

"Control it, Y/N."

Your body screamed at you to take a break, the ache in your bones all too much for a six year old to handle.

"I-I'm trying!" You sobbed out, your intoxicating eyes now filled with tears as you desperately tried to obey your fathers demands. Wind roared in your ears as the space under you collapsed in on itself, the already large crater around your small form only continuing to widen. You were struggling to stay upright, your hands placed in front of you as a ball of crimson shook violently in between the palms of your small hands. A bright red aura surrounded your figure, crackles of scarlet bursting to life around you. The space around you consumed itself, the repealing energy of your Limitless technique bringing an incomprehensible impossibility into reality. This caused the forest surrounding you to repeal against your powerful technique, the surrounding wildlife being knocked and blown away by the power of your inherited technique. Trees were knocked off their trunks, bushes and plants being ripped from the ground as you tried to hold this state.

Your father. Keishin, stood in front of you unfazed, strong arms crossed over his chest as he stared down at your struggling form.

"I-I can't hold it any longer!" You cried, the destruction around you slowly dying down the more you tried to hold it. The ball of crimson flickered dangerously between your palms, tears running down your young face as you tried desperately to keep it up.

"Continue." Your father's booming voice filled your sensitive ears, squeaking out a small 'Yes, sir!' before concentrating all of your willpower into the palms of your hands.

It wasn't long before your body gave up on you, the red ball of energy between your hands disappearing within seconds as your frail body collapsed to the floor in a heap. You fought desperately to stay awake, your small body twitching as you tried to pick yourself back up.

"I can do it, Papa... I can do it..."

You quietly pleaded for your father to allow you a second chance, your voice nothing more than a few croaks and whispers. You knew this song and dance very well. You knew what would happen if you failed to comply with your fathers wishes. It scared you to your very soul, pushing yourself up to sit on your knees as you looked up at your father in desperation.

"Please, Papa! I know I can do it!" You cried as tears ran down your cheeks in small streams, landing on the dirt below you in a small puddle. Your father merely stared down at you, eyes identical to yours boring into your shaking frame.

"I will allow it."

Your heart nearly exploded in relief, forcibly pushing yourself up to stand on your feet. You stumbled a few times, though you managed to power through the pain in your legs with sheer willpower alone.

"Thank you, Papa."

You wiped your tears with your forearm, a bit of dirt staining your young face before holding out your palms in the position they were previously. A small ball of crimson appeared in between your hands, the wind picking up as it slowly grew in size.

"That's it, Y/N. Wipe your tears. Kuromiya's have no time for tears."

"Yes, Papa."

.

Present time.

"Y/N...?"

Anxiety welled within your chest, your breath hitching as you met the gazes of the four boys staring at you in disbelief. You could see their expressions in perfect detail now that you weren't confined by the restrictions of your blindfold.