06 | ive been sleeping.

(just for future reference, N/N means nickname! also trigger warning, there's a bit of gore and other mature topics in this chapter.)

12:50 pm.

A small yawn escaped your lips as you lifted your arms up stretch, your back arching slightly before it gave a satisfying 'pop.' Yaoyorozu turned around to face you, her eyebrows furrowed together in slight concern.

"Y/N-san, are you alright? You've been yawning quite a lot today. Did you get enough sleep last night?" Her troubled voice reached your ears, causing you to bob your head in agreement. "For some reason Kedama was really fussy last night. He kept jumping onto my bed in the middle of the night. He doesn't normally do that. He prefers to sleep in his bed most of the time." The corners of your mouth turned down into a small frown, scribbling on the notebook in front of you.

Kedama was a relatively good behaved puppy, he was just very excitable and wanted to play a lot of the time. While you were at school he was being taken care of by your neighbors who were more than happy to take Kedama in. They were good siblings, and you had grown fond of them ever since you moved into the same apartment complex as them. Kedama probably liked them more than you if you were being completely honest. He'd visited them countless times while you were at work, so you were a bit confused as to why Kedama was suddenly getting very restless.

"I'm sure he will be alright." Yaoyorozu assured you with a kind smile, "Dogs can sometimes get fidgety with the change of the weather, especially at this time of the year."

That had certainly eased your worries, nodding at her words. Maybe you were just overthinking it.

"Thank you, Yaomomo. I guess I might've gotten a bit worried over nothing." You chuckled half-heartedly, "You're quite welcome, Y/N-san! Make sure to take care of yourself, alright?"

"For the foundational skill of heroics we'll study today..."

Aizawa's voice cut your conversation short, Yaomomo quickly turning around to face the sleep deprived teacher with her full attention.

'She really is a hardworking student.'

"It was decided you'll be supervised by a three-man team consisting of me, All Might, and somebody else."

'Oya?'

That had caught your attention, propping your elbow up on the desk so that you could lean your cheek against the palm of your hand. Another pro hero was going to be joining today's exercise?

"Sensei! What'll we be doing?!" Sero raised his hand, voicing mostly the question that was on everyone's mind.

Aizawa pulled out a small card with the word 'RESCUE' written across, presenting it for the entire class to see. "Be the hero everyone needs, whether it's a flood or any other disaster. It's the trial of rescue!"

A rescue exercise? You hummed and tapped your index finger against your cheek.

'Rescue...'

You blanked out for a moment, memories of your childhood circling through your head.

.

(warning! descriptions of gore, and brief mention of p*dophilia ahead!)

Y/N Kuromiya, age 8.

You held your cell phone to your ear, your small hands barely being able to circle around the base of the device. A few buzzes from the phone echoed through the eerily silent warehouse walls for a few moments before it ceased, a deep gruff voice coming out of the speakers.