32 | ask for seconds

"Who can tell me what the answer is for problem number 14?"

The class remained eerily silent for a good few seconds, the math teacher: Ectoplasm standing at the front of the class with the same worksheet the students were working on in his hands.

"Do I need to call you guys individually? Even if your answer is wrong there is always a way for you to understand why it is that you were incorrect in the first place. The only way for you to learn is from your mistakes. Don't be afraid to be wrong."

Ectoplasm's voice resonated throughout the quiet hall, giving the students the much needed motivation they desired.

Students needed encouragement even when they went wrong. If they make a mistake, they fix it and learn. One cannot just expect to get anything right on the first try. That is the whole concept of learning.

Teaching comes with a similar concept. If a teacher grows angry at their students for not understanding a concept, they shouldn't be a teacher at all. Patience must come with the job, and one needn't grow frustrated when a student doesn't grasp a concept. Rather than berate students for not understanding something, it is their job and obligation to help them understand without putting them down.

"x = 2 ½?" Iida spoke with his hand raised in the air, a determined expression on his face and he put his answer out in the air.

"Correct. See, that wasn't so hard now was it?" Ectoplasm praised him, looking around the classroom to gauge their expressions.

As per usual, the classroom was fixed with various reactions. Some with a satisfied look on their face as they realized they had gotten the right answer, and some with a rather confused one as they tried to figure out where exactly they went wrong.

"Here's how you solve it, first you-"

Ectoplasm grabbed a piece of chalk and began writing the problem on the board. He explained the steps needed to solve the equation in great detail, answering questions when someone asked.

The rest of the classes went by in similar fashion until lunch time came around, two students of the class glancing at each other with a sort of understanding.

These two students were Izuku and Todoroki, both students allowing everyone else to leave the class to go to lunch and meeting together at the back of the class.

Today was the day they could confront Aizawa about the strange occurrences that happened almost immediately after the forest training camp.

The cryptic dreams, the feeling of loss, the sense of dread when someone mentioned something as simple as the color blue or white.

The two teens made their way to the teacher's lounge, not so much as a word leaving either of them as they had found a mutual understanding for what they were about to face.

Surely Aizawa would be understanding, right? He wouldn't call them crazy?

Izuku took in a deep breath before knocking on the door, only opening it when he got confirmation from the other side that it was okay to come in.

When they stepped inside they were met with the sight of Aizawa at his work desk, as well as a few other teachers who seemed to be doing their own work and minding their business.

Some were packing up their stuff to head out for lunch, leaving only a few teachers including Aizawa behind in the teacher's lounge.

"Aizawa." Todoroki spoke curtly as he and his friend approached their home room teacher's desk, the tired man looking up from his stack of papers to meet mismatched eyes.