19 | midas.

(trigger warning! brief implications of s*icide near the end of the chapter.)

The next morning at Hosu General Hospital.

"After being shown an end like that, I've come to think it's a miracle we're still alive."

Izuku's hushed voice resonated throughout the white hospital walls, his words directed at the other two boys in the room. He turned his gaze to examine your sleeping figure, soft breaths escaping your slightly parted lips as the blankets covering your form slowly rose and fell with each breath. He took note of the bandages lining your neck and wrist, the corners of his mouth turning down into a frown at the sight.

"Looking at my leg, I think if he'd wanted to kill me... He probably would have." The green haired teen whispered, tearing his eyes away from your resting form to glance at his bandaged leg.

"Yeah, no doubt about it. He let us live." Shouto spoke, making sure to keep his voice at a low volume. "Iida, you were faced with such intense bloodlust and yet you still stood right back up to face him. It's amazing."

Iida was quick to dismiss Shouto's statement, shaking his head a few times in disapproval. "No, that's not it... If anything, Miya- Pardon, Y/N-san was more courageous than me. When Midoriya was captured, she was the one to stand up against it and try to get him back..."

All three of them turned their heads in your direction, all silently staring at your peaceful form.

"That may be true, but you shouldn't discredit yourself. You were very brave, Iida." Midoriya tried to assure his friend, shooting him an encouraging look before turning back to look at you.

"Still... I wonder what exactly happened to Y/N-san... Based on her injuries..." Midoriya trailed off, biting his inner cheek in concern.

"They looked exactly similar to the ones Aizawa got from that villain back at the U.S.J... But then would that mean that she had an encounter with him? It makes sense... considering the Nomu were the ones to attack. He must have been in the area, watching. How did Y/N-san come to that conclusion so fast? And how did she find him? Is that why she crashed into the alleyway?"

Izuku went on a mumbling spree, a hand placed on his chin as he spoke out loud.

"Midoriya. It would be best if we asked Y/N-san when she wakes up. She's asleep right now." Iida spoke calmly, bringing the flustered Izuku back to reality.

"R-Right! Sorry..."

An uneasy silence filled the room as worried thoughts ran through the boy's minds. While they were all focused on the Hero Killer you were out tracking down the root of the attack. Not to mention you came out with minimal injuries. It was commendable at the very least. You weren't the top of the class for nothing.

A few quiet knocks on the door caught their attention, heads turning to see the door open.

"Are you children awake yet!?" A familiar yellow clad old man stepped through the door along with a young man dressed in a hero costume.

"Gran Torino!"

"Manual!"

The two pro heroes stepped into the room, Gran Torino proceeding to scold the absolute shit out of poor Izuku. A few groans caught their attention, all heads turning to see you shifting under the hospital bed sheets.

"Can't a girl get her beauty sleep?"

You groaned as you sat up in your bed, leaning on the palms of your hands to keep yourself upright. Your hair was now falling messily over your shoulders. Your pale lashes fluttered open halfway, unmistakable crystal blue eyes surveying the room carefully.