33 | they just let me

When Shouto woke up, he immediately wished he could go back to sleep.

That was the best night's sleep he's ever had in the last few months.

Glancing at the clock next to his bed, the time read 7:30 AM. He was normally up by 6, often finding himself falling asleep at 3 and waking up only a few hours later. Sometimes he didn't sleep at all.

After he had gotten home last night from his talk with Aizawa and Izuku, his head immediately hit his pillow.

Talking about his situation certainly helped him in the long run.

He hadn't been able to sleep at all when he visited Recovery Girl for the afternoon. Izuku and Aizawa immediately took notice of this.

During their talk Shouto was able to go more in depth about his dreams, and why they were affecting him so drastically.

Aizawa made sure to give Shouto a stern talking to about the importance of sleep, as ironic as it sounds.

Despite the man's constant denial, he truly cared about his students.

At the time, he had been afraid of going asleep. He didn't want to be met with the dark void and plagued by distorted voices once again.

Though, after tonight his thoughts changed.

He vividly remembered everything that happened during his dream.

From the way he grew distressed when he wasn't greeted with the same distorted voice, to the way he nearly crumpled in the void he desperately wanted release from.

Then, he was embraced with such a gentle hold. Arms wrapped around him in a way he hadn't even known was possible. They held him with such warmth.

Even considering his quirk kept him warm at all times, the sheer feeling of fulfillment that snared around his heart was impossible to escape. Not that he would want to.

It was almost scary how willing he was to go back.

It was oddly akin to the way his mother had held him as a child, though he had forgotten what it felt like since it had been so long.

He craved that feeling again, sitting up in his bed and wrapping his arms around himself in an attempt to simulate the way that he was held.

He began to wonder, why was he feeling this way?

'Why do I feel so sad?'

Shouto heaved a frustrated sigh as he willed himself to get out of bed, throwing his legs over the mattress. (or rather, futon.)

As he gathered his clothes in his arms he couldn't help but feel as though the person in his dreams seemed familiar. Eerily familiar.

He mentally cursed himself for not being able to turn around to look at them, instead opting to relish in the comfort and warmth they gave him.

He hadn't realized how desperately he craved for someone's touch that bad.

Sure, he hardly felt anything when Izuku gave him an affectionate pat on the shoulder, or when he rubbed his back in encouragement.

When he was held by the person in his dreams, he felt as though he was truly at peace.

Shouto didn't notice that his eyes had filled with tears, streaks running down his cheeks as he stared at the ground.

'Who was that? Why do they seem so familiar? Why can't I tell who they are?'

Shouto unconsciously rubbed his eyes, wiping away the tears that stained his cheeks.