15 | pain pills.

Soon enough the first day of internships came around, the class gathered at the train station. You held the suitcase that held your hero costume in one hand, along with a small dog carrier in the other. Kedama was a pretty small dog, so he fit easily inside of the small bag. His head peeked out from the top of the bag, comfortably sitting down as he looked around the station. It wasn't abnormal for him to accompany you out to places, but with all of the doting eyes staring at him he couldn't help but feel prideful.

Your classmates were ecstatic when you arrived at the station with your precious puppy, the siblings dropping Kedama off with you after school. He was immediately showered in praise and adoration, though you only allowed your classmates to give him light pats since he was still recovering. He's been recovering really quickly thanks to the nurses at the hospital who used their quirks on him, though it was still recommended he didn't move around too much.

"You've all got your costumes, right? Obviously wearing them in public is prohibited, and don't lose them either." Aizawa spoke tiredly, standing in front of the class with his hands in his pockets.

"Got iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!" Mina drawled out, only to be scolded by Aizawa immediately afterwards.

"Don't stretch the 'Got it', Ashido. And be sure to mind your manners! Okay, lets go!"

The class was dismissed, each student going their separate ways. You noticed Midoriya and Uraraka approach Iida, exhaling a small sigh. You knew of Iida's situation, since it was fairly similar to your own. The thing is, Iida's own brother had an encounter with the infamous hero killer. You couldn't relate on that level, since you hated your siblings with a burning passion. However, you could understand how he felt given how Kedama was the closest thing you had to family. Along with the Kamado's of course.

You never understood the true concept of family, since yours was so... fucked up. Hence why you didn't approach Iida like Midoriya and Uraraka did. It wasn't your place to.

"Y/N."

Todoroki's neutral tone brought you out of your thoughts, the teen standing in front of you with nearly perfect posture. You nearly forgot that you were interning with his father, and that meant you would be riding the train with him.

The fact that Todoroki chose to intern with Endeavor in the first place boggled your mind, but at the same time it didn't. If you were in his shoes you would have avoided the pro hero at all times, but that was the childish side of you talking. Hell, the entire reason you were here in the first place was because you ran away from home.

You knew from your brief encounters with Todoroki that he was mature for his age, which wasn't all that surprising considering his background.

"Right! Let's get going, yeah?"

Todoroki gave a firm nod, guiding you to the gates of your designated platform. You wave goodbye to the others, following Todoroki as he swiped his card before entering the platform. You did the same, putting down the suitcase that held your costume to swipe your card before picking it back up again to walk through the gate. Todoroki waited patiently for you at the other side, only resuming to walk once you were by his side.

"Say, why did you pick your asshole of a dad to intern with?" You decided to strike up a conversation as you two walked, Kedama quietly yipping at your statement as if he was in on the conversation.

"I could ask you the same thing." You huffed at Todoroki's bland response, puffing your cheeks out in a pout. "Well if you have to know I just chose him because I wanna annoy him. I don't even know why he offered me an internship in the first place! I thought for sure the guy hated me after I-"