05 | money talks.

"Please give us your thoughts on what it's like having the "Symbol of Peace" as your teacher!!"

As soon as you stepped towards the school's entrance gate, you were bombarded by the press. Microphones and cameras were being shoved in your face, barely giving you any room to breathe if it hadn't been for Infinity wrapping around your body as a sort of shield.

'This is exhausting.'

"What kinds of lessons does All Might teach?! Is he a good teacher?! Which costume does he wear the most?!" The reporters and media surrounded you and your peers like vultures to a corpse. As much as you liked attention this was not the kind you preferred. Being asked about somebody other than yourself was a no.

"I'm trying to actually get to class early for once, so can you move it?" Your plea was heard upon deaf ears, the reporters and news anchors drowning out your pleas with even more questions. It was suffocating.

You noticed a hand reaching to wrap around your wrist, what would have been your wrist if a thin layer of your invisible infinity hadn't been there. Panic surged through your veins as you immediately deactivated your infinity, allowing the hand to wrap around your wrist freely.

'Good job, Y/N!'

You internally praised yourself, feeling a tug on your wrist as your savior pushed their way through the crowd. You finally decided to take a better look at them, wild purple locks filling your vision as you sped up to keep with their pace. You took note of the male uniform they were wearing, tilting your head a tad bit to catch very heavy eyebags painting his under eyelids.

'Jesus christ he's just as bad as Aizawa.'

Once you two had entered campus he let go of your hand, turning around to meet your eyes- er. Blindfold.

"You should be more careful." He spoke, bored eyes looking at your rather disheveled figure. You dusted off your skirt and socks before looking up to meet his gaze, finding dark purple irises studying your form.

"Yeah, I know. Thanks a bunch for helping me though." The boy sighed and just shook his head,

"It was nothing."

"Even if it was 'nothing' to you, it was something to me. That was pretty heroic of you." You gestured towards the school in front of the two of you, cringing a bit at your poorly executed joke. He seemed a bit startled by your words, dark eyes widening just a tad.

"Heroic..?"

Intrigued by his peculiar reaction, you decided to press a bit further.

"Yeah, y'know... It was something a hero would do."

The teen's eyebrows furrowed, a small frown making its way onto his face.

"But I'm not in the hero course." He spoke with such disdain, such unresolved anger behind his words that caught you off guard. Was he in one of the other courses? Possibly the support course? Business course? General course?

"...That doesn't make you any less of a hero though. You saved me earlier from the press. Hell, I'm in the hero course and I don't think I did very well back there even though I probably should have responded to the situation in a better way." He jolted at your mention of being in the hero course, jealousy poking at the back of his head. You were in the hero course?

"Do you think that I could be a hero? Me, a student from the general studies course?"

'Why are you asking me?! I barely met you!'

You sighed and adjusted the straps on your backpack, debating on whether or not to answer his question honestly or lie to give him false hope. Neither seemed to have a positive outcome. Why did the strangest things happen to you? You were going to be late to class, not that you cared all that much. You were however concerned with getting the CD of a band you really liked from Jirou, who during your conversation yesterday agreed to let you borrow hers since it was only on sale for a short period of time. You had to make this conversation end, fast.