𝐂𝐇. 54 / 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐀 𝐖𝐢𝐬𝐡

Standing at the edge of the pool, Nahmir held a wine glass of Don Julio. It was the crack of dawn, the ocean waves out far crashing against the coastline and the early birds chirping was all he heard other than the fountain of the pouring water for the pool. He peers below into the crystal blue water at the wavering patterned tiles.

Lately, Nahmir has been numb and confused, but he knew something wasn't right. Something was off, he could feel it. He felt like he was being tested and he didn't like it. He was now the main target, which meant he has to watch his back even more. He'd be damned if he's caught lacking.

He was bound to look for his victim, feeling paranoid because the reaper calling. He couldn't rest until whoever clapped his father is laying in the grass.

He sipped on his fifth glass of the expensive, but highly concentrated brown liquor. Unashamed, he was tipsy and buzzed at dawn, which was all he ever did. It's became a routine before heading off everyday to handle precautions.

He heard the glass door open, revealing Yéri in a terribly oversized blue, forest green cotton flannel, and black fur slides. She rubs her eyes before seeing the half empty glass bottle of Don Julio along with the half blunt in a black ash tray. Nahmir watches as she walks back inside, coming out with a wine glass.

He lowly chuckles as she pours a healthy amount of the substance into her glass, downing it afterwards. She decides to bite back at the crown, again. She pierces her lips as she looks at her glass. She must be zooted, she isn't much of a drinker, but a smoker.

Looking up, she sits her glass down and slowly walks towards Nahmir. Looking at her natural face was like a breath of fresh air to him, she was a ten in her face along with her physique. Her hair was pulled into Dutch braids and since the sun finally risen, the rays gleamed onto her her melanin skin, giving her a glow he loved to see. It was almost like gold, better than pictures.

He couldn't help but faintly smile, she made him forget the train of his previous thoughts.

Yéri reaches for his glass before he noticed, "Woah," he chuckles. Her eyes were shut as she laughs, barely open.

"You tryna rob me out my glass?" he pulls her close by her waist. She wraps her arms around his torso, one of her hands rubbing his soft skin underneath his black tee, "Yes... everything that's yours is better."

He let her have his glass, watching her down it in seconds, "Your throat ain't burnin'?"

"I can't really taste the high tones, only low," she smiles.

"I bet," he answers, amused.

"But I wanted us to match, so I could do this..." she brings him down to her height and softly pecked his lips, "let's go make something, I'm bored."

    Three hours later, Nahmir was standing in front of his mirror wearing a dark blue hoodie, black jeans, and black & navy blue AF1, topped with a matching snapback he turned backwards.

     "You seen my phone, Marie?" he asks as he searches his dresser and couch.

     Yéri looks him up and down away from Nahmir's MacBook before peeking over her shoulder, feelings the sheets for the midnight blue iPhone 12 Pro. She holds it out, waiting for him to retrieve it. Nahmir walks towards her and grabs his phone, but before he could leave, she pulls him down by the strings of his hoodie.

     "What?" he laughs, pulling her hands of the strings.

  "Why you so dressed up?" she smiles.