𝐂𝐇. 68 / 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐝

There stood her parents, their father holding Fawnlei by the shoulders as they were about to exit the school's building

    Fawnlei immediately ran to her big sister, hugging her abdomen as Yéri was knocked six, glancing back and forth at her parent's who she thought were deceased in their neighborhood fire.

    She fails to believe it, blaming the lack of sleep, "You're not here, you're dead, okay? Come on, Fawnlei, let's go home," she grabs Fawnlei's hand.

   Fawnlei released her hand from Yéri as she stares up in confusion, "Yéyé, Mommy and Daddy's here, now. Aren't you happy they aren't dead?"

    Yéri looks at their parents. She gazes at her biological mother and step father as they given her a face of disgust. Why were they giving her expression of disdain? Wouldn't they be happy to see her too?

"You're not taking my child anywhere," her stepfather pulls Fawnlei away from Yéri as if she was a virus.

"How could you, Yéri?" her mother asks, with a disapproving nature.

Yéri stares at them, confused as ever before leaving the building to stand outside. They followed after her, "You had our little girl living with that degenerate thug!"

Yéri was silent, baffled. She was sure they've gotten stuck in the crossfire. How could they be alive standing with her? She was in denial as she paced back and forth, holding her head.

Her mother grabs her hand, seeing the three carat diamond ring on her finger, "What is this, huh? You're married to him, now?! We've reunited and you've fallen in love with one of the most criminalistic people in this city!" her mother was hurt.

"I heard down the grapevine that you've killed, Yéri. Is that true?" her father frowns, highly disappointed.

"Yéri, I know you hear us talking to you!" her mother seethed, "I see now that you've been tainted till no end. That man has changed you. Look at you... you've changed. You're so provocative now, I bet you already laid down with him! He's not right, Yéri!"

"What is this I hear about you self incriminating? Are you trying to make a fool of yourself following behind that down right psychotic man?!"

"We've raised you better than this! And to become a stripper... how could you? You were my precious baby girl," her mother tries to place her hand on her face, but Yéri only snatched away. Her eyes were slightly wide as she stares at her feet.

"I had no fuckin' choice, mane!" Yéri finally spoke, "What was I to do? I thought you both died! You left Fawnlei and I behind and now y'all wanna snatch my baby sister from me after I've been taking care of her on my own?! Who are you to talk down on who I apparently love? You don't know what I've been through! Who are you to judge me for doing what I had to do, so Fawnlei and I had something to eat, and somewhere to lay our heads?! Mane, come on, Fawnlei!" she grab's her sisters hand.