𝐂𝐇. 18 / 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭

Nahmir strips out of his clothes before looking at himself in the body length mirror installed in his bathroom. He was content with the way he looked. When he was younger, he was chubby. He despise how he looked, so he'd push back the dinners his childhood maid served him.

      Shaking his head, he turns on the shower getting it to the right temperature. He had called Alycia, but she didn't want anything to do with him as of the moment. Yes, she survived the bullets and she's doing well in the hospital. He didn't get the notice until Jay called him thirty minutes ago. If he really wanted to be honest, he wanted Alycia to find someone else. She couldn't handle him.

     He wanted someone who would give him a challenge, someone who'd bite back when their pride is threatened. Someone who would stand their ground. He has a thing for Queens who knew when to leave. Alycia wasn't any of those. She wouldn't survive a lifetime with him. She let him run over her and he gotten bored.

      Placing his dreads in a ponytail, he then leans over with his right hand on the wall as the water pelts onto his back, deep in thought he didn't notice the door of the bathroom creaking open.

    Yéri was cautiously trying to fetch something she'd left in his bathroom yesterday. It was her Vita Lip Mango lipgloss. She noticed the lights were dim as he showered, seeing his opaque silhouette through the translucent mosaic sliding glass.

     She panicked when she seen him move before quickly snatching her gloss from his shelf of body care.

      Laying in bed, Nahmir's eyes were cavernous. Again, he couldn't sleep. Insomnia was taking a toll on his body. He slept better when someone's beside him.

    He heard a soft knock at the door. He leans up, slightly, "Come in."

   Yéri peeps in, "Are you awake?"

"Yeah," he says.

    Yéri figures he couldn't sleep, so she decided to come up and accompany him.

    "Can I join you?" she asks shyly.

   For a reason, Nahmir was enlightened. When he had Yéri in his arms, he slept the best. He hasn't slept like that for a while.

    "Yeah, come on."

               She closes the door, engulfing herself in the dark room. Nahmir turns on the lamp on his nightstand giving her some light to walk. She makes it to the bed indirectly looking at him. He noticed how the warm light of the lamp caressed against her skin. The light made her shoulder glow since it went uncovered by her shirt. Her face glows also; her skin tone pops severely under the dimmest of light.

    She crawls beside him as he turns off the lamp.

She gotten comfortable on one of the plush pillows. She felt his stare in the dark, "I can feel you staring at me."

      "I know you was in my bathroom," he admits.

Yéri clears her throat, nervously giggling, "I left something in there..."

    "Like what? You know that's invasion of privacy, right?"

      "My lipgloss and I know; I just couldn't wait to get it. I love my lipglosses."

    There was a silence before Nahmir asked a question that stunned her—well, it wasn't a question, more of a statement of indirect demand.