𝐂𝐇. 49 / 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟𝐟

Nahmir felt guilty because of the way he treated Yéri

      Nahmir felt guilty because of the way he treated Yéri. He was trying to push his toxic ways aside because he really wanted her, he didn't want to do her anymore harm than what he's caused. The seventeen year old didn't know much about what she's gotten herself into, so he's willing to take it easy with her.

      Currently, Yéri was asleep in his bed as the sun was starting to rise, notifying he needed to be at the warehouse within a hour. As he sits up, his hand reaching under his t-shirt to rub his chest, he looks behind him. After a while of admiring her, he stood on his feet and walks towards his bathroom.

    Stripping from his clothes, he turns on the shower.

   After sliding on his black hoodie and black jeans, he finds a pair of shoes to wear. Settling on his black backed Alexander McQueen oversized leather sneakers, he slides them on while sitting on the bench within his closet before walking out and going downstairs to help Fawnlei get ready for her first of in person school.

     "Yéri," he calls as he slides the blanket off her pajama sleeve covered shoulder.

    "Hm?" she answers sleepily.

   "Come on and get dressed, you coming with me."

"What about Fawnlei?" she leans up as she rubbed her eyes.

"I gave her a choice of whether or not she wanted to be in school and she said yeah, so she on the bus right now," he answers.

She squints her eyes at him, "You didn't force her, did you?"

He kissed his teeth, "Why the fuck would I do that? Mane, here you go."

"What you mean, 'Here I go?' I just know how you is, Nahmir," she steps out the bed as she rolls her eyes. She mumbles something as she passed him. He quietly seethes before yanking her back by the hem of her pajama shorts.

"What I tell you 'bout that shit, Yéri? Don't fuckin' disrespect me," he sternly mutters into her ear before mildly shoving her away. She felt tingles shivering her spine, even though they've been around eachother for the longest she's never gotten too used to the aggression. She wasn't too sure of liking it, probably somewhere in the middle.

"Whatever, you ain't my daddy," Yéri said as she walks away.

"You heard what the fuck I said."

Yéri stares into her mirror as 'Gone' by Alex Isley plays on her white beats pill.

"You be chillin', laid all the way back
So casual, no, unintentional, no
Way past mellow, super relaxed
Not emotional, no, one dimensional, no,"

She couldn't find any tears at the moment to cry, she was too young to endured such pain of having a miscarriage. Her life was moving too fast, she needed to slow down. She hasn't done much things like normal teens would, she was too busy being grown.

She didn't know if she was happy anymore, she had the bad case of melancholy—only there's a reason. She felt lonely and lost.

Half of the time she didn't know where she'll end up, then too, who would know about their destiny until it's proven?

She slides on her long sleeve black thigh length teddy textured dress and black and white Sk8 Hi Old School Vans. She placed water and mousse onto her Brazilian wave unit, giving it a wet look before placing her 25mm lashes and her own 'Marie' lipgloss on.

Grabbing her acrylic Louis Vuitton box purse, she swings it onto her shoulders and locks the gold necklace around her neck with Nahmir's name. Walking out her room, she walks to the garage and to the black 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E. She didn't know how Nahmir had gotten a hold of one since they're being sold in the next year.

Climbing into the car, the smell of volatile organic compounds engulfed her nose. The scent triggered the first night when Nahmir saved her from the group of men and he told her to walk to his Mustard Benz. The feel and look of his Benz seats were similar to the ones she sits on at this very moment, instead they were his Mustang seats.

    Sitting her purse in the back, she looks at the touch screen command central. Everything in this car looked luxurious and futuristic. Yéri looks at its owner, who was fixing his black snapback, flipping on his hood and throwing his phone in the cup holder.

     She looks forward. They've came so far... for a second she thought she would be the mother of his child, but it wasn't meant to be. The thought of bearing made her felt full and lively, ignited even.

     When they were on the way to their destination, they stopped at a stop light before Nahmir gently grabs her left hand, bringing it to his soft lips, kissing her knuckles, all in a swift movement, "I'm sorry, Marie," he pierced his lips, still holding her hand.

     She stares at him, her lips curling and twitching into a frown, but never downsides. She was all too emotional right now, the tears were sure to come and faster than ever, and before we've known it, she was a fountain of salty inclination after she turns away. Not once did she make a sound. She thought he didn't know she was crying, but he knew she was to cry before she known on her own. Her hand he was holding was shaking.

Luckily, her lash glue was waterproof.

    She wasn't the only one hurting, Nahmir felt her pain, too. He couldn't stand seeing her so unhappy, deeply it pained him to know he couldn't do anything about it. Or could he? The idea he was thinking wasn't best at the moment.

    The minute they gotten to the warehouse on the east side of Compton, Nahmir immediately climbs out and walks around to Yéri's side and softly pulls her out and into his arms. The silence of her cries became known as she became jittery, trying to speak.

    "You don't got to talk, just let it out," he assures her.

  A few minutes passed before Yéri situated herself and they walk inside. All eyes were on them as they travel to his office. Nahmir stops at the secretary's office to grab his papers.

"Hey, Mr. Santana, here to pick up the pages Mr. Darion has left?" the lady asks, pushing up her bifocals. Yéri didn't like the way she was peeking at Nahmir. If only she knew this was normal.

"Let me get 'em," Nahmir said, while Yéri felt the vibration of his vocal chords as she stood against his side with her arms wrapped around his torso.

The lady hands a stack of papers before he grips a hold of the packet. They walk out into the hall and to his office.

Majority of the time, Yéri was clinging to him like cockleburs. They moved the desk chair and substituted for the padded backless bench, just so she can lay in his lap.

Suddenly the door opens and Yéri wasn't happy to who it revealed.

vote comment share

I apologize everyone, I gotten another job, school been making me kiss its ass... I just want out. ( )

1. Who's the person?
2. What idea is Nahmir thinking of?
3. Want more of this story?