𝐂𝐇. 02 / 𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐛 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐚𝐥𝐞

The opening tone of Yéri's phone alarm sounds off, waking the two.

"School time, Yéri?" asked Fawnlei, rubbing her eyes, "but I'm sleepy."

"I know, Fawn, but we have to go. If we miss a certain amount of days, they'll get suspicious and come to our burned down-home, therefore they'll come to look for us... Come on so we can get dressed," she sighs, grabbing the duffles.

She pulls Fawnlei's yellow tee that complimented her chocolate skin tone and jeans with her black Vans. She pulls herself out a white tank top with jeans and her white Filas Disrupters.

She assisted the young slip into her clothes before tending to her hair. Slicking gel on Fawnlei's hair, Yéri managed to get her hair into a low, curly ponytail. She did the same to her hair. Grabbing a pack of face wipes, she wiped Fawnlei's face residue before throwing the used one away.

Yéri made sure they were well prepared and packed before leaving their old home. She knew an emergency was going to happen.

They finished their routine before walking out of the house. They didn't have any supplies to start the new semester, but they were lucky enough it was the start.

Yéri knew she had to wait until 7:30 to leave Fawnlei at school which would make her late to her 7:25 class.

She cautiously guided Fawnlei to school, which was a two-mile walk. Lucky for her, her school was forty-five steps away.

When she walks into class, everyone's eyes snapped to her.

"Late to class on the second semester?" the teacher says and Yéri clutches her schedule.

"Sorry, ma'am," she took an empty seat while the teacher went back going over the syllabus.

Yéri sits on a bench, waiting for Fawnlei to be dismissed from school, so they could go back and not come out until tomorrow.

She watches as Fawnlei walks out with a tote bag with her artwork printed on it, "Yéyé, look!" she shows her bag filled with kiddy crayons, notebooks, and pencils. She mentally thanked the school for giving her free supplies Fawnlei desperately needed.

"Aw, that's neat! What does it say?" Yéri looks at the drawing on the bag, reading, "Fawnlei + Yéri 4 ever."

"Aw, Fawnlei," she hugs her as Fawnlei giggles.

"Come on, let's go."

As they began their journey back to the house, a red, shiny Porsche rode beside them, rolling their tinted passenger window down.

"Aye, ma y'all need a ride?!" a deep, raspy voice asked from the driver's seat.

Yéri felt her heart beating in panic, thinking of the worse that could happen.

A strong wind gushed by, causing the girl's to shiver and Fawnlei press her body to Yéri's.

"No thank you, we're fine!" she looks at the person in the car, shocked at who it was. Since when did he start doing good deeds for once?

It was the son of the famously feared King Pin, Nahmir. He was light skin, dread head, had deep chocolate eyes, had kissable pink, plump lips, stood 6'0, with many tattoos on his arms. He was freshly twenty-two years old last December 18th. Everyone knows he wasn't the nicest, but when he was, you shouldn't take it for granted because it was rare.

[NAHMIR IN MM]

"You sure?! It's cold out here, ma!"

The heat radiating from his car made it inviting, but Yéri wasn't letting her sister or herself climb into a car with a person who was a whole replica of their father.

His father, Khalifa, was another story for another day. The man was just ruthless. He did what he wanted and so did his son. The point, blank, period.

'He must be in a good mood today,' thought Yéri.

"Yes, I'm sure!"

"Fasho'!" he rolls his window up, driving off.

The recent event had her confused; why would he invite her into his car? Only the baddest of them all could sit on his premium black leather seats. She thought of it no more as they continued to walk.

The thought came to mind when she picked up Fawnlei from school again; We know her homeroom teacher, Ms. Fenrahri. Maybe I could ask her to watch after Fawnlei while I go job searching.

And that's exactly what she did. Left Fawnlei with Ms. Fenrahri.

Yéri tucked herself into her anorak coat as she looks at the buildings logo; which read, City of Nightingale.

"Here goes nothing," she says before entering from the back.

"You really think you qualify for this joint, miss thang?" the man who resembled Cat Williams asked, peering at her through his shades, "Stand up, let me see what you workin' wit'. Take off that extra shit."

Yéri stood from her seat, sliding off her jackets, leaving the burgundy tank to show.

"You's a natural thang. Pose for me," he eyed her body as he takes a swig of his blunt. She obliged, posing.

"You in."

It was that easy? A few words and poses and she's in? This was too good to be true.

The man grabs a pink paper, sliding it across the table, "Imma name you Caramel Karma, you hearin' me? Your shift and training starts in two days; don't be late now and call me Mr. Cashmere."

"Thank you, Mr. Cashmere," grabs the page.

"No problem sweetie!"

She slips on her coats and walks out of the office.

She finally had something to look forward to. Being a stripper wasn't really something to be proud of to her, but it would shelter her and Fawnlei.

.:Please:.
Vote 🗳, Comment 💬, & Possibly Share 🔗.

update: so I've exaggerated a bit on
Nahmir's character in his physical attributes,
'cause why not, it's an alternate reality in 'Rugrat.'