𝐂𝐇. 12 / 𝐬𝐡𝐲 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥

Yéri stares at the block of dead presidents in her hand.

       'This has to be at least three grand,' she thought as she shoves the filthy dollars into the purple duffle that held her necessities. She shoves her hand into her bra, grabbing her phone.

       She called Nahmir. As it was dialing his number, one of the strippers hovered behind her. Yéri swiftly turns around, facing them. They stumbled back, almost tripping.

     Yéri looks at the woman as if they're crazy before Nahmir answers her call. She hears laughter before his deep voice that was chuckling says, "You getting off?"

      "Yes," Yéri answers as she's still analyzing the woman who walked away, scratching their arms. She shakes her head.

     "R'd, I'm outside, ma."

       'Why, that was fast,' thought Yéri. Quickly grabbing her bag from the dresser, she walks out of the dressing room, exiting the club.

       She walks outside, spotting Nahmir having a conversation with her client from earlier. She walks up to his car, opening the passenger door, setting her things on the matte black carpet floors of his Mercedes.

        The man from earlier (she's forgotten his name, of course) had taken notice of Yéri as she done so.

     "Yo', you didn't tell me you had the finest china up in there?!" he looks over Nahmir's shoulder. Nahmir looks over his own shoulder, seeing her.

    "That's because I don't, Jay," Nahmir responds, shaking his head at his best friend, "she's a friend..." he wasn't sure what to call her; calling her a friend somehow didn't sit right with him.

     "Wh-at!" Jay was shocked, having knowledge of Nahmir having poly relationships, "Man, you crazy; I would've been tapped that."

      "Nah, I got highkey respect for shawty," He said, "I doubt she let anybody touch her, though. She seem so innocent, shy, and closed up."

     "That's because they lowkey freaks, Mir! Every shy girl be givin' that shit a man wants, bruh. They where it's at."

     Nahmir chuckles, "You a trip, bruh. But aye, Imma hit you up later," he opens his right palm, inviting Jay into a dap.

     "Ight, bruh! Sleep tight, don't let them enemies get you on that fight night!" he laughs before climbing into his car.

      Nahmir opens the drivers door and climbs in, only to see Yéri leaning her head on the window with her eyes closed. He stares at her for a healthy amount of time before turning on the ignition and pushing the stick to drive.

         "I don't want to ask you much..." she quietly says as it began to pour, the rain colliding with the windows.

     "What's up?" he asks.

"Could you maybe take me to get Fawnlei?" she shyly asks.

      "Yeah, why not," he says, "what street is she on?"

"Veetlake drive," her voice was quiet as a mouse. She was lucky no music was playing and there was silence in the atmosphere, other than the rain outside, "third house."

   "What's the matter?" he asks.

     "Nothing, I'm just exhausted, that's all."

   Silence took over the car once, again.

  He looks over at her before paying attention to the road, "You know you don't gotta be shy with me, right? You don't gotta be afraid of me because I'm not finna hurt you, ma."

        She nods, not sure on how to respond to his retort. She was so stressed, she felt as if she was to shut down any minute. It wasn't that she was afraid of Nahmir... it's that she can't believe she's with him in the same car and house. How they met was very bizarre.

     She shrinks in her seat as she thinks about school and how she's going to attend. She was so pessimistic, she was about to go out of her own mind.

     "This one?" Nahmir speaks as they slowly cruise down a neighborhood. He points his thumb towards a mustard yellow, medium sized home.

     Yéri nods as she gets ready to climb out with her hood on her head. Closing the car door behind her, she rushes through the pouring rain to Ms. Fenrahri's front porch.

     She knocks on the cold white, metal door with a decor of translucent, matte oval glass as a window. A few seconds later, Ms. Fenrahri opens the door in her night gown with a hair bonnet on and fuzzy puma slippers.

     She looks at Yéri, adjusting the oval frames on her nose, "Yéri? What're you doing here at a time like this? It's 12:45, babygirl is asleep."

        "I know Ms. Fenrahri, I know it's late, but I just came to get my sister-"

    "Who is that in that car over yonder?" she asks, looking over Yéri's shoulder as she looks too in instinct.

     "My friend," Yéri says quickly, "Ms. Fenrahri, can I please get my sister?"

     Ms. Fenrahri looks at Yéri for a hot second, "Come inside, I need a talk with you."

      "Ms. Fenrahri-"

"Nope, come inside."

         She didn't want to keep Nahmir waiting, but she didn't want to upset Ms. Fenrahri. She walks inside and sat on the couch.

      "Now, you tell me what's going on here with you," she starts before hiking up her gown and sitting.

    "Please-"

"No, Yéri. Tell me what's going on. You look stressed and that isn't like you."

     "Ms, I have a lot going on right now, I really do, but I'm not ready to splurge it out at the moment."

      "You can't just bottle your feelings up like that-"

"Can I please have my sister?" Yéri begs.

     Ms. Fenrahri sighs, "Go ahead. She's in the rom closest to the bathroom."

     Yéri walks to the room, opening the door and seeing Fawnlei sleeping peacefully, "Fawnlei, Fawn..."

    Fawnlei moans, "Yéyé? Yéyé is that you? Are you here to get me?"

     "Yes, yes I am. Let's go," Yéri holds Fawnlei's bag in  the pit of her elbow as she helps her baby sister off the bed.

    "I missed you, Yéri," she hugs her sisters legs before they walked out.

    Ms. Fenrahri stands with her hands on her hips, sighing, "Just tell me when you want me to keep her again."

     Yéri digs in her pocket, fetching twenty dollars, handing it to her.

     "Oh, sweetie, I don't need that-"

"Take it Ms. Fenrahri. I appreciate you," Yéri places the bill in Ms's small pocket on her gown.

    Smiling, Ms. Fenrahri places her hand on her pocket, "Thank you, Yéri. See you soon."

    Walking out of the door, Fawnlei gasps as she feels rain dripping on her head, "It's wet!" Yéri runs her to the car, they quickly get in.

     Fawnlei automatically noticed Nahmir, she gasps, "Mir Mir!"

      "Hey Fawnlei!" he greets.

"Sorry we took so long," sighed, Yéri.

     "It's good," he answers back as he whips out the drive way and into the night.

VOTE, COMMENT, & SHARE!