𝐂𝐇. 16 / 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

It was past nine o'clock when Yéri found herself in Nahmir's bed with her hands in his head of dreads. He held her by the waist with a gripping edge as she couldn't leave his hold. Softly groaning, she sits up looking around with half squinted eyes. The room was still a mess as if Tarzan ran and left. She looks down at the culprit, staring in admiration.

     She was in the arms of Nahmir Santana; Compton's prince, son of the King Pin. In the arms of the man every girl wanted. In the arms of power over authorities. Even the police was on his side—only Compton's anyways.

     It was bizarre enough she felt secure in his arms. As if no could hurt her as long as he around. Power radiates strongly from Nahmir—The way he carried himself was all so attractive to Yéri.

    She takes in a healthy breather, smelling his musky cologne. He smells good and he feels good against her body. She felt her body tingle as he moves slightly in his sleep, but lightly gasps when he hugged her even more, resting his hands and arms under her derrière.

     She sighs, looking up at the half broken chandelier before staring at him, once again. He looked cute while he slept. As he laid his head on her stomach, she brings her right hand to his hair, fondling with it's texture. Which was a mixture of soft and rough.

      She had school in the morning and couldn't lay with him all night, "Nahmir, I have to go," she tries sitting up.

     He didn't move, "Where you going?" his voice was regular, but still hoarse.

"I have to get in bed, school is tomorrow."

      "No, stay in here."

   Yéri didn't know what else to say. Him holding her like this was wrong since he has a girlfriend, "I don't think A-alycia would appreciate us laying like this t-together."

        "There's no more Alycia."

Yéri was shocked. How could he say that? She knew he could be heartless, but not like this!

     "I-" Yéri begins, but was still so shocked, "what–what you mean? What happened to her?"

    He didn't answer.

Yéri was quaking in anticipation, but never did get her answer. She decided to let go and fall asleep.

    It was now eleven in the morning and Yéri was sent off to school, along with Fawnlei. Nahmir was sitting on his bed with his laptop, finishing his online college course of entrepreneurial business class. Pushing his glasses to the bridge of his nose, he types more into his MacBook.

His maid, Marcela, had cleaned around him the whole entire morning since eight this morning. The glass and the papers were picked from the floor before the it was wiped with a wet paper towel to pick up the micro pieces of glass.

Tapping 'done', he closes his laptop and pushes it to the side, taking off his glasses. He looks around before his eyes darts to his night stand. Grabbing the hair tie from the stand, he places his hair in a ponytail before slipping on his Bearpaw men's tan moccasins.

Walking downstairs, he sees Marcela sweeping the carpet. She was humming, but was alarmed once she seen him.

"Mr. Santana! My goodness, don't scare me like that!" Marcela held her heart as she breathes heavily. Shaking her head, she goes back to sweeping.

Marcela was a thirty-five year old woman with mocha skin, black hair, and brown eyes. She was always on the slim side and had started working for him eight months ago. She was his first maid since things were getting dusty around there.

"Marcela, take the day off. I'll continue," Nahmir demands, grabbing the broom from her hold.

She was appalled, she never thought he would do such a thing, "But–" his expression said enough, "Alright, thank you, Mr. Santana. May I ask you to tell Yéri and Fawnlei I said hi?"

"Yeah, now leave," he said before she happily scurries off to the back door where her car was parked. He allowed no one to park on his front yard; doing so will damage the grass.

As he swept, he ponders on last night.

Alycia. Drive by. Rivalry.

Those were the three thing's that we're bothering him. He was excruciatingly vexed towards Alycia. He told her to move, but her being stubborn—she wouldn't listen.

"Alycia..." he says as he saw a black Chevrolet truck hide behind the bundles of trees.

"No, when are you going to stop treating me like this?! What did I do for you to treat me the way you do?! I don't get it!" she argues, pointing her finger in his face.

He smacked her hand before looking at the suspicious truck, "DAMN IT, ALYCIA! Go in the house!" he seen the car doors open, popping out with snipers.

The scene that unraveled before him had his mind in distraught. He had to remember what he grew up on. To remember whatever happens, to let it be and to let it go. Sure, he liked Alycia, maybe even loved her; he never gotten attached to her so strongly because of what he's being made into.

Sighing, he sweeps the gigantic kitchen before making mop water. He wipes down the windows, countertops, and tables before transitioning to the bathrooms.

Yéri stands from her seat as the first bell rings, stuffing everything into her book bag. Walking out of the room, she grabs her phone plugging in her headphones. Without looking up, she accidentally bumps into someone.

"Aye, hoe, watch where you're walking next time!"

Yéri looks up, timidly, she says, "I'm sorry, I didn't see you," the girl was hispanic, her long, straight silky hair swaying behind her as her beautiful brown eyes stared menacingly at her. Yéri was intimidated by her beauty; her self esteem and confidence was lowering at the given minute.

"Yeah, you didn't. Next time you do it, you won't have any eyes to see with since you won't be able to use them," the beautiful hispanic threateningly smiles before whipping her hair as she turns around, whisking Yéri in her face. Yéri frowns and watches as she walks away with a sophisticated demeanor.

Yéri hears a male teacher behind her as the third bell rings, "Tardy hall on K hall, ma'am."

She sighs, sadly, before turning on her heels to walk to Tardy Hall. She takes her precious time getting there. She opens the door as everyone stares at her. She takes a seat in the back at the last desktop.

"Name?" the teacher asks.

"Yéri Francinova."

"Class?"

    "Mr. Dunn."

   It was a long hour before she was released to next class, but she decided to chill in the library for that period. Her mind kept sending her back to the girl. Her feelings were hurt. She was supposed to have thick skin, but she was hurt over the smallest of things. Why didn't she get back fresh with her?

     She was anguished with herself. She could've stood up for herself. She felt like kicking herself in the ass.

      "Aren't you that girl from the club?"

she looks up at him before waving him off. She wasn't in the mood. Not for anyone.

vote, comment, & share.