𝐂𝐇. 48 / 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐞𝐧𝐝

The way Nahmir was feeling could make a grown man cry. He felt sluggish and heavy as if he could barely move a muscle. His phone rings on the nightstand afar. He opens his eyes, while groaning to reach his phone. Sliding off his bed, he stands on the marble flooring of his bedroom and slowly walks towards the nightstand. A number he didn't have saved in his phone(not that he ever saved anyone's number) glimmer across the screen.

    He picks his phone from the stand and accepts the call, "Yeah?"

     "Hey, MirMir! Could you come get me? I'm ready to come home and yeah... please come pick me up!" Fawnlei seemed down, unusual for her estatic behavior.

    "Ight, I'm comin'. Make sure your things packed, okay?" he sighs.

    "Okay, MirMir. I will see you when you here," she hangs the call. Nahmir throws his phone onto the bed and slowly walks towards his bathroom. His esophagus burns with stomach acid before the feeling of puking becomes known.

   Hurriedly, he sprints towards the toilet and emptied the contents of his stomach. His face became furiously red as he coughed, straining his throat. After puking into the toilet, he seen there was only liquid exiting his body. He hadn't ate anything yesterday nor today.

    He heaved as he flushed the toilet. This has been happening every since last night, repeatedly puking. He hasn't been with anyone other than his girlfriend, haven't been within six feet of anyone, ate anything bad... was his health that terrible? Why was he so sick?

    He wipes his mouth and brushed his teeth before leaving to pick up Fawnlei. He became flustered when he couldn't find his slides and ended up knocking down every box of shoes in his closet. Picking his black and white Sk8 Hi vans from the cluster, he shoves them on before going downstairs.

As he turns the corner towards the garage, his body began to ache and feel more heavier than before. He wanted to lay and be a prisoner in his body, but Fawnlei wanted to leave the woman's house, so he couldn't neglect her wanting to come home.

Climbing inside of his black Lexus, he turns on the car and reversed from its parking spot.

Meanwhile, Yéri was sitting in the waiting room of a walk-in check up. As she was in the backseat of her chauffeur, she felt as if something was off. Her emotions were disoriented, she felt sudden sadness wave over her.

"Is everything okay?" Jasten asked. She had asked him to come inside with her. She couldn't stand being alone inside of a hospital in situations like this.

"I don't know, Jasten. I just had this incident this morning that I've never had before and... and I'm just scared. I didn't want to tell Nicholas," she sniffs.

He frowns, "How come?"

"Because I don't want him assuming the worst. He probably would say something over the lines of 'What you been doing?' And I just don't want to tell him. He's not the most felt person..." she dips her head between her knees, "Oh, fuck! My side hu-rts!"

"I mean, hopefully he'll understand that you're going through something—you are his girlfriend. You don't think you're pregnant, do you?"

"I—"

"Ms. Francínova?" a tall, white woman with short brunette hair in blue scrubs call.

Yéri looks at Jasten. Jasten asks, "You want me to come with you?" she shakes her head as she stands.

"Just... just leave and do whatever until I call you. Thank you, Jasten."