(1) Hate the thought of him

Welcome to all my readers!

---

I hated him so much. Every single day, I couldn't go on about my life without having someone utter his useless name in front of me. Mum knew that I didn't like him. She knew how I felt whenever he was near me. Still, she made it her job to torture me.

What kind of mum talks about the one thing their child hates as the first thing in the morning?

I had a wonderful dream. I was sure of it. I was going to tell her about it but then soon forgot when I opened my mouth.

Mum took that as a cue to remind me that I hated Max Nights and I needed to go for my morning run if I wanted to beat him. Sure, she was trying to motivate me. But still, what the heck?

"It's a school day Alan!"

I was up and tumbling out of my room fast. School slipped out of my mind fast. How could I forget? It was Tuesday, a day that makes Monday look more evil.

The morning run was out the window.

"Kattie! Out. Now." I banged on the bathroom door again. She yelled back that she was busy. Of course, girls and their face masks they loved so much.

I didn't wait to fight with her. Instead, I rushed into mum and dad's room, pushing past the overflowing baskets of dirty clothes. Slamming the door, I got into the shower, rushing faster than Bolt. I barely got soap all over my body but then again, who would know?

I was in my jeans and white t-shirt fast, brushing my teeth with a new one from the cabinet bellow. I could hear muffles of Katie chatting with everyone and cursed. Of course that little bugger was trying to make my day worse.

I slipped on a checkered shirt before grabbing my bag. Before I heard Kattie whining about how I'm always making her late, I slammed onto my bedside table, grabbing my phone and was out the door.

I rushed into the kitchen, barely paying attention to everyone as I bit into the washed apple. Mum knew me too well.

"Let's go." I got the words out between chewing, waving to dad who responded with a 'don't slack off'.

I was in the car before Kattie could take control of the radio. There's no way I'm going to let her make my day worse by playing those fucking depressing songs by Billie Eilish the first thing in the morning. She whined, but soon pretended she didn't care when the radio decided to play Sam Smith instead. Of course.

"I'll won't be able to drive you back-"

"Shut up."

My jaw dropped. It shouldn't because it always happened. "Can you not!"

Katie barely turned to me. She was too busy running her thumb up and down her phone. "You should know by now Alan! How many times to I have to tell you to not talk when there's a song playing in the car?"

"You're not my mum!" I bashed the button and Sam Smith finally shuts up. Until Kattie pressed play again.

Cause you don't think I know what you've done.

"Don't test me Paws! My car, my rules." I turned the noise down a little. I could barely focus on the driving while my sister kept fighting for the radio controls over me. "If you want to listen to fucking depressing songs, then frickin' get your drivers license!"

I know I'm not the only one.

"You know I can't! And it's not depressing. Stop swearing."

"It's more like, you won't."

"Shut up and turn left. Tracy need's a ride." I roll my eyes, turning the wheels anyways. Of course. Being stuck with a sister the same age as you makes life harder than it already is. At least the music was off.