(20) Hate the perfect dates

Right now, for some random reason, I'm freaking out over my spirit animal. Curiosity got to me and I did a test. It told me that I'm a 'hummingbird', BUT, I suddenly had a CAT popping up at the end of my dream this morning.

I don't know what to believe...

How did you guys find your spirit animal?

---

Wednesday evening, after getting into my new loose shirt and black jeans, I styled my hair to the side. I didn't bother on anything else. The new shirt was enough and I knew mum would loose it when she sees me in it. 

It was supposed to be my birthday clothes, bought at the start of the year because mum somehow knew that she wouldn't have time for it later in the future.

Not like it mattered, no one went out to buy actual birthday clothes these days.

I made my way down to the kitchen, grabbing my keys from the bowl.

"Mum, dad! I'm going out! Tell Katie that she going to need a ride if she wants to go somewhere! I'd be late, don't leave me dinner." I wouldn't be late, late. But, I knew I planned to take Bailey for dinner.

"Sure thing! Tell Drake that I'll be calling him for a special dinner soon!"

I frowned at that. Why did my mum automatically think that it'd be Drake that I'd be going out with? "I'm not going out to see Drake!"

"Then who?!"

I didn't respond and rushed out. Checking if I had my wallet filled, I made it to my car, ready to start it up when I heard mum yell out from her room.

"Alan! Who are you going to meet up with this late?!"

I snickered, getting out of the driveway as fast as I can. Moving along, followed the address Bailey'd texted me and found myself at her house, which was at the edge of the town.

Hey, I'm here.

I saw her a few seconds after my message. She was wearing a blue dress, up to her knee, netted and all. It covered her neck and had short sleeves which made me smile. Leave it to Bailey to have precautions before going on a date.

She had a little handbag that hung on her right shoulder and a silver bracelet that shinned every time light reflected off of it. She also, surprisingly, had her hair up in a high ponytail.

"What a gentleman," she said, opening the door by herself and slipping into the passenger side.

I chuckled, pulling out of her property. "Well, it is a friendly date. I thought you had perfectly fitted hands."

"Sure, sure." She adjusted her dress before relaxing into the seat.

"Well, if it makes you feel better. You look absolutely beautiful tonight." I meant it, even if I didn't have any romantic feelings for her; yet.

She turned to me with a casual smile. Something was different about Bailey. She seemed more let-go and open. "If you don't want me falling for you Alan, then you wouldn't say things that would make my heart fluter."

Okay...

"That made your heart fluter?!" I was genuinely surprised. I never thought she'd say that so easily.

"Sure, I'm a girl going on a date with one of the hottest boys in school, what do you expect?"

"One of the hottest boys in school? Who else is in that list?" I kept looking back and forth from the road to her.