(40) Hate the fate that falls upon us

You guys are gonna' craze. 😈 

Love u guys as always, have fun reading.

---

I grabbed the keys from the bedside table, pocketing my phone as I made my way out of my room. It was a day after the movie night and the fight with Katie, and I'd begged Max to go to the movies with me because I didn't want to stay home where mum was going to corner me and talk about making bad decisions and fixing them.

I was so close to leaving the house when Katie walked out front he kitchen, noticing me. The best thing she could've done was let me go, but no. she called me over and asked where I was going.

"Somewhere."

She frowned her brows. "And I'm asking where exactly."

I shook my head. "And I'm not telling you because it doesn't make a difference."

She crossed her arms. "It would if I tell mum."

"Yeah, be the childish 'dobber' you are. Like I care Katie."

She took a step forward. "You know Alan, we wouldn't be having this argument if you could just tell me where you're going. You always tell me where you're going."

"Well now I'm grown up. It doesn't matter if I tell you or not." I waved to the door. "Now, if you don't mind, I'm leaving."

"Show me your pockets!" Katie suddenly yelled out, coming at me.

I stepped back, genuinely surprised. "What the fuck? No!"

"You're hiding something from us and we're not going to watch you ruin your life Alan! You were never like this. Then suddenly, you're all friends with Max and you're hiding away and sneaking off to places and late nights?!"

I stared right at her, irritation seeping through. "This has nothing to do with Max. And if you could—"

"What's going on here?" Mum walked from wherever she was, frowning at how we were at each other's faces. "Katie, why are you yelling at Alan?"

"He's going off somewhere again mum and he's not telling me where. When I ask him directly about the things he's probably doing behind our backs, he's denying it. Max is turning Alan into a frickn' druggie and I'm not going to watch it ruin him!"

My jaw dropped and mum looked confused. "Max? That boy that's on top of of your class? I thought he was a good boy..."

"Yes he is and Katie's just making things up because she wants to be my mother. Tell her to shut the fuck up and I can do whatever I want."

"Language Alan and don't talk to your sister like that." She pointed to Katie. "How do you know that Alan's been sneaking off to see Max?"

"I don't—"

"Exactly! You don't! You just need to get a life! Stop putting your head into mine and messing everything up!"

Katie growled at me. "This wouldn't be happening if you could just show me your pockets!"

"Pockets?"

We ignored mum. "No! Why the fuck would I show you my pockets?! Know your fucking space Katie!"

"Or what?! You're just scared to show me your pockets! Afraid that we'll see something that we shouldn't! I'm guessing illegal stuff. Don't you know how much trouble that it can get you into?!"

I wanted to cry and laugh at the same time. "Trust me Katie, I don't have any drugs in my pockets. I'm clean, I don't plan to do it anywhere near the future. I don't have a reason to. Now, if you'll let me go, I can go to the theatres like I planned and have a nice day."