(41) Hate the feels he gives

I love you Alan.

"No."

I love you Alan.

"W-wait."

I love you Alan.

"No."

I love you Alan.

"No!" I pushed passed the crowd. "Wait!" 

I jumped into the ambulance right on time, beside Max as the two workers around me were ordering this and that, attaching tubes to his body and counting down, pressing gadgets and looking up from time to time at the drive at the front.

I barely heard the emergency noises as the vehicle sped through the traffic to its destination.

"Sir, I need you to call anyone that's his relation. We need them at the hospital as soon as we get him in."

I looked up at the worker, who was gloved and all.

I love you Alan.

"Sir, are you related to this person?"

I stared at her. She hand a warm eyes but her face showed the urgency. I numbly nodded.

She took a moment, probably wondering if I was lying or not before continuing her work. I moved my eyes to the laying Max, watching as he sat motionless, eyes closed. And his chest wasn't rising.

At least, that's what I thought.

The lady in front of me didn't think so and she kept reminding me that he's fine.

I wanted to snap back that he's not.

He's fucking playing dead.

And it was freaking me out.

I love you Alan.

Then we arrived there suddenly and more people came, taking Max out, jogging with him, more voices around us. I had my phone with me when one of them stared straight into my eyes and told me that if I wanted to help, I needed to call for someone older or any other family member asap.

My fingers trembled as I pressed on mum's number. And my hands started to shake when I pressed it to my ear.

"Hello, Alan?"

My voice got stuck at my throat. "Mum."

"Alan? Are you okay? You made a big scene when you left."

I listened to her, hoping that she wouldn't ask what happened. I just wanted to listen to her. I didn't want to believe that I was experiencing something so frightening.

"Alan, are you okay? Where are you?" I didn't say anything. "I hope you're at that theatre you told us. Aren't you with your girl?"

I gulped.

"Alan. Talk to me if you're going to call."

I gulped again, realising that I was sore. I needed water. "Mum, can you come to the hospital?" My voice cracked at the end and I knew I'd alarmed her already.

"The hospital? Alan, baby are you okay?"

I nod to myself. "It's not me. Max's inside and I d-don't know what to do. They say I need to get an adult in..."

"Okay, okay." She sounded like she was busy. "It's okay. Honey I'm coming, don't worry. Which hospital?"

I gulped. "The general, emergency wards..."

She took a long breath in next to the phone. "Okay Alan, I'm coming. I need you to stay strong, okay? Whatever that's going to happening, no one's alone."