(2) Hate the friends of his

Guys, give me some time before things get into motion. Enjoy!

---

I continued to stare at the back of his chair. I could barely see it from all the way behind, but it was enough to annoy me and keep me busy.

He's so annoying.

How could he just sit and listen to the teacher as if he isn't bored? The least he could do was flinch a little. No movement what so ever.

"Alan!"

I snapped my eyes to Mr. Rick. He was staring at me with his eyes wide and arms out in the open. Oh, he must've been calling for me for a while. He looked, annoyed.

"Can we have you back in my class so we can move along to the next paragraph of the book that's going to grade seventy-five percent of your term marks?" I nodded swiftly. It was always either me or Brian who get told off for not concentrating in class. Not my fault the man didn't teach well.

Then again, he never get's told off. The perfect Max Winters.

I wondered if he notices me staring at his back in English. Again, not my fault that he always sits at the front. And just like that, after the little shout from Mr. Rick, the morning classes ended quick and it was lunch.

The whole school was always busy at lunch. Most hung out in the cafeteria which was better since Drake and I always took over the benches in the fields. It was our place. The senior squad. It was stupid to be possessive over an eating spot, but who could blame us, we literally spent half of school time playing soccer.

"Hey Alan, move over." I didn't get a chance to figure out what was happening. The next thing I know, I was shoved onto Tracy's side, making her squeak and Brian was sitting next to me on the other.

I opened my mouth to tell him off. He plays soccer, he was fit. He didn't need space enough for two. That was until I found Max Winters sitting on the edge.

Of course. Max fucking Winters.

"What the hell is he doing here?"

Brian shrugged and I wish for a moment that he wasn't my friend. "The cafe's full today so I decided, why not let Max and Mason join us. We don't have Finn and Derick here so, why not?"

I lost my appetite. "Why not? Why the fuck not?! You know how-" I pulled Brian closer by his collar. He almost choked in surprise. Good. I whispered the last part, trying my best not to let Max hear it. "You know how much I hate him!"

Brian nodded but being the oblivious fucker he is, he decided to announce it to the whole school. "That's why I thought why not. You know, you guys could get to know each other better and make our lives easier so we can all enjoy our time together at school before we part and do the world greater good."

I wanted to punch him hard in the face. He'd get a bruise that'd last a month long.

"Actually," it was Max who spoke. "I have nothing against him." He was looking at me but I was busy smashing my already mashed potato. "I honestly don't know why he hates me so much."

Drake snorted and I took a second to glare at him in front. He was sitting alone. Why was everyone trying to sit on my side?

"Right, right! Wow, I honestly thought that you'd know man! What? Has it been like, how long? Since the start of high school?"

Brian Bright was a dead man to me.

I stood, pushing my lunch away with no effort. It toppled over and a few pieces of the mashed potato spilled. I didn't care. I hated mashed potato.