(12) Hate the project all together

Enjoy. I update every Tuesday now!

---

Pushing the glass door wide open, I made my way into the cafe, instantly noticing the empty seats at the back.

I rushed to it, plopping down on one, glad that I was first. I could rub it in his face. It's been a week almost since I found out that I embarrassed myself in front of him, I'd have to get him back somehow.

Tapping on the table, a soft tune, I looked around and noticed that not many people were there. He was right, no one from school would know that we were meeting up.

"What did you order?"

I jumped, turning back to face the front. Max Winters stood in front of me, looking casual as ever, a bag slung on his back. I cleared my throat, looking away. "I-I... I forgot to order."

He must've thought that I was stupider then I looked. God damnit, that was the last thing I needed from Max fucking Winters after the biggest embarrassment there is on earth.

"You forgot to order after walking into a cafe?"

I glared at the glass window. "I didn't come here for a coffee date."

"Then order something else. How about tea?"

I turned my attention to him. Max placed his bag on the chair and shoved his hands inside the pockets. 

"How about a nice cold iced coffee with extra cream, sugar and a cherry on top?" I was being sarcastic. One, there was no way the place sold the drink. It's not the regular thing people buy in the cities. Two, Max fucking Winters had to fucking realize that I wasn't here to hang out with him.

"A little expensive, but sure thing."

I watched him walk up to the register in shock, totally not believe that he was going to buy me a drink. Not just any drink; a flipping cold iced coffee with extra cream, sugar and a cherry on top.

A few minutes later, of me avoiding his gaze and him pacing in front of the counter, with didn't look nice, Max came back, hands full.

"What the hell? When are we going to study?"

"Don't worry about that. Your drink is here, enjoy it before the cream melts. They never taste good after soaked too much."

I stared at him, not knowing what to say. So I settled with, "I know."

I saw him take his cup and wondered what it was. Max Winters probably enjoyed mocha.

We sat there quietly drinking a coffee. I'd never done something like it ever in my life. It was either hanging out with friends, who were really loud whenever we went out or too busy scrolling through their phones. What were we even doing? Max Winters and I?

I kept nervously glancing around, biting my lips, wondering what to say, looking out the window, watching the cars drive by. I've never been to the cafe, never took a second glance at it and yet here I was. Heck I didn't even visit Starbucks this much, which probably gave out that I've never been there.

"You good?"

I turned back to Max and saw that he was taking his books out. I nodded, dropping my own notebook and pen down. "Yeah, why the hell won't I be?"

There was a minimal noise from his side but I didn't dare look up to see. The guy was a bomb, no-one ever knew what he could do. I has to be cautious, I couldn't get caught in his trap too. The school was already having it. Heck the teachers! For example, Mrs. Yeum. The lady loved the guy to death.