(14) Hate the strings he plays

I stared at the drink in front of me.

Sure, the waitress decided to wait more than thirty minutes to actually start making it because she was a friend of Max and she wanted to annoy him. Still, it looked delicious.

It wasn't the nice cold iced coffee with extra cream, sugar and a cherry on top. It was a nice cold iced coffee with extra cream, sugar and a cherry on top with a side dish of vanilla ice cream.

I kept glancing at Max, who had his cup of coffee, or whatever that was in it. He stared back, raising a brow. So, I decided to ask anyways.

"What... um," I licked my lips when I felt them go dry. "What are you drinking?"

He raised his other brow, putting down his cup. "Black coffee."

Black coffee? Black coffee?

Seriously?

How does a person drink that?!

"Want some?"

I scrunched my face, wide eyes and all. No way.

He rolled his eyes, sipping at the dark drink anyways. He looked behind me and smiled. I turned around to find a lady with an empty tray walking towards us. She was probably in her late twenties and wore a simple, ankle length skirt and blouse with a long necklace. I hadn't seen that kind of style on a girl for a long time.

"Ginny, what were you doing with that couple over there? You're supposed to keep the customers, not shoo them away."

I turned back to Max to find him smiling.

"What can I say, I finally have a little bit of control in this place and I want to make the best of it. I'm taking photos of all the couples that come here and plan on posting it so everyone could see. Don't you think that it'll lure more of them?"

I nodded along with him. It was a great idea. People enjoyed things like that these days.

"And I also bought a guitar, you know, so we can play it during the open hours or have it borrowed for special occasions."

I raised a brow at that. "Don't you play the guitar?"

Max turned his attention back to me. He seems surprised that I remembered, which was stupid because it'd only been a few days since I found out.

"Oh my god! Yes! Max, you play the guitar! How could I forget?!" The lady started to bounce a little on her spot. I wanted to laugh. It was so out of profession. "Wait here, I'll bring it out for you."

She was gone after that and I continued to watch him tap on the table, busy thinking. Did I do something I shouldn't've?

"Here, play it."

"Oh no, not the camera Ginny."

I turned back to find Ginny carrying a cannon camera while handing the instrument over. She was very serious about it. Then, she looked at me, dead in the eye. "Come on then, don't take forever."

I raised a brow. "What do you want me to do? Help with the lighting?"

Ginny rolled her eyes. "No silly, go take a seat next to Max. Pretend your enjoying your drink while he plays music."

I gave her a weird look, "no, that just sounds fucking weird."

"But please! I really want to go all out in this idea. You're even drinking my new recipe! Please, do me this favor!"

I eyed the nice cold iced coffee with extra cream, sugar and a cherry on top with a side dish of vanilla ice cream. Damn it.

So, I decided to fucking move my metal chair next to Max fucking Winters. He seemed surprised yet again, which I ignored and got to drinking my amazing drink.