(22) Hate the leap my heart takes

Guys, no way! 300 views?! I'm so happy!!! Thank you so much for reading my book!!!

---

Brain pulled me towards the field, making me drop my bag and screamed on top of his lungs.

"Coach! Don't start! We're here!"

I was glad Drake grabbed my bag from behind but wasn't when I saw coach's face. He looked pissed. "Is everyone here?" We all nodded. "Finally, alright, so, today, I'm going to let you guys off because you're going to be too excited to focus on practicing. I want to let you guys know that we're going on a small trip as a team, sponsored by the school's own music club."

Everyone hooted. The students on the side of the gathering, the musicians, laughed, patting each other on the back at their achievement.

"The trips a day long, I know, not that exciting now, is it? But, we're going to just have fun and relax. It's all about sports and music so I don't want any other unwanted actions happening." We snickered it at but kept quiet when the coach turned to our direction, again. "I still need the permission slip filled and that's due in two days. 

"If you don't have the signature of your parents or guardians by Wednesday, then you won't have a chance to get on the bus with us. You don't really need to pack anything except for food and an extra pair of clothes or two. Make sure to bring insect repellent because when we're coming home, it's going to be dark.

"We need to make sure everyone has a way to get back home after the trip. Since we'd probably be back at nine to ten, we need to make sure if you have your own transport or someone picking you up. Next notice is that I don't want any disrespect towards anyone by anyone during this day trip. I won't tolerate it and nor will Mrs. Willson. 

"The place we'll be going to, is the springs, no, not the actual springs. Where do you think the music club gets their money? It's the artificial springs at the west. We're going to play a few games other than soccer and then eat lunch and dinner at a restaurant near by. You though, have to bring money for the bus. That's not free."

A few groans but I shrugged. It was better than nothing. We were getting free food in the end anyways.

"Alright, the music team, you guys are all good on your side right?" Coach eyed each and every one of them and I noticed Abigail, the girl that got paired up with Brian for English. "Everyone's here right?"

A girl nodded, tucking her hair behind. "Sure, everyone's here except for our guitarist. But he knows what's going on so it won't be a problem."

"Who's your guitarist?"

"Max Winters." I frowned when I realized that indeed, Max Winters wasn't here. He was a part of the music club? "It's fine though. He's kind of the person who helped with the whole organization. We'll make sure he knows what's going on."

"Well, make sure he has a heads up on all the rules. I won't let him go just because he wasn't here." Then coach turned to us. "Alright then, off you go. Make sure to get the permission slip from Mrs. Willson in the music room."

We walked away, all so happy that there was no practice after school. Most of the guys ran to their cars, yelling out something about catching the girls at the mall or something while Drake, Finn and I slowly made our way out.

When we were in the building, Brian came running towards our way, waving a paper in his hand.

"Why are you guy so slow?! Here, get the shit signed before Wednesday. Now, I'm going before I miss my ride! See ya!" Then he was out.