(36) Hate the hide and seek with him

Hey, hey, hey.

The wait is sooner over than expected. Here's the chapter guys, I hope you enjoy. I'm working on the next one right now, so, expect a double update sometime in the near future.

It's totally normal how attached I am to the book yet I don't have the time and I keep forgetting simple things, like, what was the sport that Alan plays again?

---

I dashed towards my win.

My feet were having their own thoughts, moving before my opponent could even blink. I weaved around him, the ball at my feet, as if it's a part of me. Someone was coming at me, a bit closer than he should. I barely hear the screams of everyone around, the amount of people standing with their hands closed together, expecting.

The irony of Waka Waka coming into my brain surprised me as I glanced up to see Brian open and the two opposite team members coming my way. Doing a little trick just as they think they have me cornered, I kicked the ball to Brian, slamming into one of them. A blink at Brian taking control of the ball was all I got before I tumbled onto the ground, the guy who bumped into me next to me, groaning.

We were singing the groaning song, literally having the same attitude of what happened after being slammed into each other.

And then I heard it. The loud cheer, the swift movement of players running, the pops of fake fireworks, the hoots. Twisting, I turned to see Brian hollering at the goal post with half the team, not minding the goal keeper's bumped expression as he picked the ball from the goal and toss it away.

We'd won.

Holy fucking shit.

We'd won.

It was finally done for the day.

Drake was by my side all of a sudden, pulling me up. I leaned over, remember to pat the guy who fell with me on the back before running attached to my best friend. He had a big smile on him, and he was pointing at the audience, chuckling. I peeked over to see Katie jumping hectically at the front, her hands going wild. The girls on the left were hectic as well.

Katie was cheering back and forth between Mason and Drake, giving me a thumps up. I smile, moving my eyes to her other side, noticing him standing there.

Max had a genuine smirk on his face, hands in his pocket, he was staring. He was staring at me.

My heart leaped.

I felt my cheeks go red for him, not knowing what kind of reaction I was supposed to give.

So, yes, he'd come to the game as promised. And he did support my team, though he didn't make it obvious that he was rooting for me in particular.

I saw him smiling and hooting along with everyone else when I'd made my first goal. Though now, he seemed to hide it.

Just when I was going to flick my eyes away, I saw it. Max raised a brow, as if he was indicating that he was impressed, before he winked, subtly biting his lips. It was so fast and smooth that I would've missed it if I'd blinked in the wrong time.

The strong tug from Drake pulled me back from coughing in surprise and dying right then and there.

Then Brian was slamming into me, jumping with one of his brightest smiles. I levelled my energy up and matched his, cheering around the grounds as we celebrated.

Then, after we've calmed down, we did the whole sportsmanship ideal handshakes and then the trophy lifting. The coach called us all for a few pictures before pushing us to the buildings to shower and change. The crowd was clearing, except for a few others who were closer relatives.