(3) Hate the look he gives

Make sure to follow me so you get a notification for the posts!

---

"Alright, so look, I don't know why guys are so out of it today but just make sure it's fixed before the games." Coach let out a heavy breath and the action made me think back on how it'd felt on my neck, when Max Winters did it.

Of course Max fucking Winters had to make my day worse by slipping into my thoughts while I'm playing. He's so annoying.

"Mason, cut whatever crap you're getting into. No one likes a bruised player who couldn't even pass the ball without hesitating."

I wanted to laugh and I knew Drake was proud. His hits left a mark on Mason Hut. Half of the guy's face was turning blue.

"And Alan, control your energy. I'm glad that you really like to play soccer and you're really proud that I put you in as captain for the two years. But it doesn't mean I'd hesitate to change that when I see you slip up just because you couldn't control yourself."

The inner-me gulped in fear. There was no way in letting someone else be captain. Not when it was my last year. The outer-me, nodded. He wouldn't want to disappoint his coach either way.

"Alright then, that's it for the day. Now get out."

I could see Mason hesitating to come over to me but I ignored him. I was serious when I told him to fuck off. No one messes with Katie and get's to pretend that nothing happened.

Drake did the same, slinging his bag over a shoulder. "Shower at home?"

I nodded. Drake had his own ride and I was alone for the evening. Katie left early anyways with the help of a call from mum to the front office.

I noticed Mason making his way over to the bleachers, a figure greeting him. Of course, how could I go unnoticed of Max fucking Winters.

He'd been there since the start of practice. He'd stared at me, I was sure. I glanced at him too, twice, and few other times when I felt something move in the corner of my eyes.

However nice Max Winters was going to be, I'm never going to fall for it.

"Hey Alan!"

I groaned. Great.

"What's your problem dude?!"

I didn't turn around but stood still. I tried not to flinch in surprise when Mason rushed past me, speed walking, not even turning his head once my way. Good, he knew where he stood.

"Maybe if you tell me what it is, we could you know, fix it?"

I rolled my eyes. Sure, fixing Max Winters from being so fucking perfect.

"Hey, I honestly don't know why-"

"Shut up." I turned, surprised that he was actually closer than before. Only the height of the bleachers and a few steps on the fields separated us. "You don't know half of it asshole. Mind your own fucking business."

Max ran a free hand over his hair. He even looked perfect doing so. I knew for a fact that he wasn't human. He was probably on drugs or something. "I'm already having shit as it is. What the hell man? Why are you always swearing whenever we talk?"

I snorted, taking a step back. I couldn't believe that I was actually going to explain things to him. "One, we don't talk. Two, it's probably because in my dictionary, the words 'you' and 'fucking asshole' is intertwined. Forever fated together."

"I know what intertwine means."

"Glad to know you have your own dictionary. At least it means that you worked for it no?" It wasn't the best comeback.