(45) Hate the hate for him

Ahhhh! I'm so excited! You have to tell me how it is.

---

Ten years later

"CANNON BOMB!!!"

Screeching like a teenage boy, I spun away from the little monster that was trying to kill herself. The cookies on the tray I had danced and I blow in and out from stress, as if that was going to stop them from falling.

They didn't drop because of my amazing skills.

The next monster ran from the house back door, following the little one behind, laughing like as if he's a five year old.

"Catch me if you can!" And there he went, drowning into the pool, hopefully disappearing from my life forever.

Who was I kidding? I loved him too much to thinking something like that.

They both came back out, one with the floaty because I wasn't allowing shit like 'cannon bombs' happening without one. I swear I'm the sane one of the family. Would I have expected it ten years ago? No, definitely not.

If there was going to be a chance that I get a child, it was going be the child and I as the partners in crime. But, what did my life turn into?

There swam the idiot and his child, leaving all the work to me.

"Alan, Alan! Look, look, look!"

I spun back to face the pool, my angry face out, one hand on my hip. If only Katie was here to see. She would die on spot from laughing too hard. "What did you just call me?"

The little monster giggled. "Alan!" She sounded unsure, which meant that she was a little hesitant to talk back. Good.

"You know what May, I'm not going to talk to you until you start to treat me as I should be treated. I'm not doing any of your laundry, I'm not cleaning your room, I'm not fixing you up for fun school and I'm definitely not going to kiss you goodnight." With that, I did a little sass flick with my mouth and walked away, planning to place the cookies away for the trip.

"W-wait!" It sounded like she was struggling, but she wasn't sad or scared. She was giggling the whole way and soon, I heard more splashes and tiny feet padding fast on the concrete. "Wait, daddy!"

Dropping the tray on the table near me, I squat down right in front of her. "What have I said about running with wet feet or anywhere near water?"

The little figure in front of me giggled again, guiding her pointy finger to her mouth to play with her teeth. I pulled it out. "Not to do it."

"Then why did you do it?"

She signed like a big girl. "Because you were walking away!" She said it like it was the most obvious thing. How they grow so fast.

"No, now go shower and change. You've had enough at the pool, jumping and smashing the water on your daddy." She giggled and my heart swelled. "Look at all these wrinkles on your fingers!" I showed her her fingers.

"Why daddy! I want to be a big girl! But, not like granny!" The smile was fading away with every millisecond.

"You're fine baby, that's just what happens when you're in the water for too long. Remember the time when we went to the beach?"