(31)Hate the bits and pieces of him

You guys have no idea how thankful I am of the support I've been getting this week. I'm so happy that you're enjoying this story! Have an awesome week guys!

"Bailey, can I talk to you?"

Everyone downstairs stopped to see me walk down. I was already uncomfortable wearing the same clothes from the night before when I wasn't really... clean. Their staring wasn't making it any better.

My mind kept racing back to the possibility that they might know already.

"Sure," the girl said, giving me a short smile, pulling me out of the living room that was trashed. The kitchen looked neat though, telling me that they've cleaned that part. "Spill."

I gulped, not looking at her. "What do you know?"

"Hey," she softly said, making me look up with her hands. She gave me a small smile and nodded. "It's fine. I'm not going to judge you. I actually came over last night, really late because I was too tired to trying to take care of my friends who just ditched me later. You guys were already covered and sleeping, thankfully."

I gulped again. I've never felt so embarrassed in my life.

"At first I was just going to leave because the bed was already taken but then, I noticed your face peeking out and just froze. I figured that you were probably hammered as hell to get into a situation like that and decided to help out."

She gave another assuring smile and I felt like I'd met an angel.

"If someone was to walk in on that, I knew things would get rough, so I stayed in and pretended that I was using the room. No one knows that that two of you spent the night together. All they know is that you fell asleep somewhere in this giant house after getting smashed."

When she finished, I gulped again. "I... yeah, that's... what happened. Thanks for not telling anyone. I just... you are right. I was too hammered to know who I was banging." I winced at my choice of words.

I didn't want images of me banging him when I was trying to run away from my problems.

Bailey stared at me and for a second, I thought that maybe she didn't hear me. But then, she started to smile and then laugh.

I watched, confused.

"Oh really Alan," she wheezed, "do you think I'd believe that after I saw all of that?! Plus the things... I shouldn't have seen as well."

We both shuddered together.

"Tell me the truth. You like him."

I coughed, suddenly feeling like the whole place turned up a degree or a few more. "What?" I gave her an unbelievable look, as if suggesting that she was crazy.

She shook her head, leaning over to see if anyone was in the area. "Uh-huh, you're not doing this with me. I saw what I saw, Alan, and even if I've only known you for a term and been on one date with you, I have a feeling that I know more than Katie."

I realised that she was correct.

Katie knew nothing of what this girl knew. While I told Katie about everything that happened in my life, Bailey seemed to be someone who I can be myself with. She the one girl who saw me as a genuine friend, instead of as a girlfriend. And technically, Tracy didn't count as that. She's just an extra sister baggage I have to carry here and there.

"So?" She dragged, trying to pry into my facial expression. I tried to get away. "Come on, I won't tell anyone. We're friends, right?"

I gulped, finally looking up. "At first, it was a no... and then a yes... and then a no... I don't know?" I whisper to her, scared that someone would hear us.