(4) Hate the way he moves

"Why bother Katie, just give him up and move on. Never trust a guy who's broken your trust once."

She was glaring at me now. "What's your problem Alan, I just told you. He didn't break my trust, it was a misunderstanding. He's been calling me nonstop and messaging how sorry he is and it was all Sarah's fault. The only thing weird about it is that, normally, he would've come here, physically to say sorry. I'm going to talk to him so it saves us both some energy. Sarah just needs to control her thirst and become a normal human being, that bitch."

"Hey, language."

Katie snorted. "Oh my gosh, never say that to me ever again."

She reached for her phone, unlocking it. I didn't know how she lived in her room. It was dark and filthy and her bed was covered in snot-filled tissues. My room wasn't the best too, but still, snot-filled tissues were the worst.

"Hey Paws." She hummed and I realized that I should tell her before it's too late. "You might want to hear me out before you call the idiot."

"Mason's not an idiot."

"I would know," I mutter glancing away. He's in my team after all. "Anyways, I might've told him off when Drake went at him."

"What do you mean?"

I scratched the back on my neck, standing up. I had to be ready incase World War Three broke out. "I told him to never come next to you. I kinda also said that you were his girlfriend, as in, past tense."

I didn't wait to see what she got ahold of. As soon as I saw my sister's face turning into pure rang, I ran out, almost missing a few steps on the stairs.

"ALAN!"

Mum was there to save me. She's always there, my knight in shining armor. This time, she had a luggage next to her.

"Wait mum, why is everything already here?" I couldn't stand and talk. Katie finally was down, still in her pajamas. She was screaming at me like a madman.

"Katie Baker! Stop this nonsense at once!"

The girl stopped, thank the gods.

"But mum, Alan literally did the worst thing a brother could do!"

Now I had both pair of eyes directed to me. There was noway I'm telling mum about it. "I'll tell you, but we've got more important things to discuss. Like, for one, why do you have your luggage downstairs and look like you're ready to travel?"

Mum rolled her eyes, she seemed to take the bait. "I told you Alan, I have to go to your grandma's house."

"Yeah, that's tomorrow right?"

"No, actually, tonight. The flight's at eleven."

"What?!" Katie and I both yelled in surprise. I guess we both didn't expect it. Mum barely went on flights by herself. It's always a family thing if it ever happened.

"I know, but things need to get done before Friday and I don't have time to focus on the tickets and all. My mum needs me there as soon as she can. She's getting old, you know."

We acknowledged it for a few seconds. By the time we'd moved away to do our own stuff, dad was home, discussing a few things for the flight. By the time I'd given up on trying my best of a maths question for five long minutes, mum called the two of us down for an early dinner. We did what we normally do, set the table, help to get the food and eat together.

This time, dad discussed about mum's flight, and grandma May. When dad spoke about it, it sounded serious, but mum, she talked it off as if it wasn't a big deal. I didn't know what to believe.