Cody

Kaitlyn ended up staying Saturday night at my place with Jake and I. Jake really likes her. Maybe because he may have a possible mother figure in his life now instead of just me. I love my son to death, but maybe this is gonna turn out even better than I expected. I truly deeply care for Kaitlyn. And I hope to god, her dad likes her. My mom already likes her when he met her that first day a few months back. I haven't even tried to talk to Derek. He's gonna be pissed that we didn't stay away from each other, not that we could since she's my student.

        I wake up the next morning I wake up with Kaitlyn by my side. I smile and pull her close to me, and I see her smile in her sleep. That's the smile I fell for. Any guy could fall for that smile. I see the smile on her face fade away and she starts moving a bit. I'm not holding her to tight so it must be in her dream. I shake her a bit and whisper in her ear.

        “Baby girl? Wake up.”

She twitches then opens her eyes. She looks over at me and smiles softly.

        “Good morning.” She smiles and stretches a bit and then cuddles back into my chest.

I smile and hold her close to me.

        “Morning princess. Sleep well?”

        She smiles and nods. “Like a rock. All night. I haven't done that since the break i—n...”

I can tell she mentally slapped herself once those words left her mouth. I look down at her worriedly.

        “what break in?”

        She bites her lip, “The break in at my house a few nights ago..”

        “Someone broke into your house? Are you okay?”

            “I'm fine,” She sighs, “someone broke into my house, but I woke up and heard it. It was after you left that night. I saw a shadow under my door and I hid under the bed. It was Chelsea. She was in my house. After she left I looked around the house to make sure she didn't steal anything else. She didn't. She left with a single sheet of paper. So, I didn't call the cops. I just went back to bed.”

        “Do you have any idea what paper she took?”

        She shakes her head, “Not a clue. I tried to figure it out. But it's nothing that stands out to me.”

        I sigh, “You should've told me.”

        “It's not big deal, Cody. I promise. I wasn't hurt. She took the paper and left.”

        I pull her a bit tighter, “Next time, tell me alright?”

        She nods, “Well. At least it was after you left. So she didn't see us asleep on the couch together.”

        I chuckle, “Yeah, thats true. That would've been hard to explain.”

        She laughs and nods, “A little.”

        I smile, “Do you wanna practice for the show later?”

        She nods and smiles up at me, “Yeah, definitely.”