Cody

Cody

Todays the day. Kaitlyn and I have been together for 11 months. I know. 11 months, no big deal. Well, its a month away from being a year. Kaitlyn is graduating this Sunday. And we can finally be seen out together. I have a surprise for her tonight, but an even bigger one on our one year. I don't have to work today and that is good for meee. For us. Because I am so ready, to surprise this girl. I roll over and see a beautifully sleeping woman beside me, facing me. I smile. This is the woman I want to be with for the rest of my life. Of course, I'm not gonna tell her that yet.. Gonna wait quite a while, but I know in my heart, that's what I want.

I go downstairs and see Jake watching TV. I smile and cook break fast. And put her breakfast on a trey, with a rose in my mouth. I smile. And walk up, Jacob walking in front of me. He opens the door and I see Kaitlyn asleep, laying on her stomach, leg out of the covers, hands under her pillow. Looking peaceful. I hate waking her up but yeah, it's worth it. I nod at Jake and he climbs on the bed and jumps beside Kaitlyn. I hear her groan and I chuckle softly. Jake kisses her cheek, and she wraps her arms around bhim pulling him down against her. I laugh as he struggles to pull away. She blows a raspberry on his shoulder and lets go. She sits up and looks over seeing me.

"Cody?"

I smile at her, "Hey baby girl. Sleep well?" I hold out the rose and she smiles and takes it.

"Whats the breakfast for?"

"Happy 11 months."

She grins and sits up. "You're the sweetest."

I smile and shrug, "Only for you babe. Eat up. We have plans tonight."

She raises an eyebrow, "We do?"

"The three of us do, yes."

20 minutes later, she's done eating and the three of us are laying in bed. Jake in between us. This is all I've ever wanted for my son. I've wanted him to have a mother who will stay by his side. By OUR side. And I know Kaitlyn will. She loves Jake, and I can tell she loves me. Jake finally has that kind of family.

It's 6:30, and Kaitlyn Jake and I are leaving in a half hour. I hope they like what we're doing. We walk out to the car at 7, and I start driving. Jacob tells us about his friends and school. Rambling on. I pull out onto the high way. After Jake goes quiet, obviously staring out the window, I turn on the radio and Kaitlyn's favorite song comes on. I see her smile from the corner of my eye, while she looks out the window.

"It's been a long day without you, my friend. And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again. We've come a long way from where we began. Oh I'll tell you all about it when I see you again."

I hear her sing the rap part, and I smile as Jake and I both listen to her beautiful voice. We haven't heard her sing in a while, so it was really nice to hear her sing again. She always said this song reminds her of her mother. She really misses her, and I know it's tough to lose someone close to you at a young age. I lost my grandfather at the age of 5 and he was my best friend.

The next song was my favorite song. This may be our favorite radio station, and they were in the middle of a 2 hour commercial-free special they have every Friday. I smile and we sing together along to Thinking Out Loud. I honestly think we agreed that this was our song. This woman is amazing. We sing with each other to every song that comes on, then after a half hour I pull up to a parking lot. I look over to see Kaitlyn looking around. I smile when she smiles.

"Where are we baby?"

"A little surprise."

I get out and open her door and she smiles and keeps looking around while I get Jake out of his car seat. I help him, and we start walking on a path through the woods. We come to a clearing and Kaitlyn stops dead in her tracks, her eyes wide, and a smile on her lips.

"Cody...." 

_____________________

Here's the next chapter i promised! It would've been on earlier but my grandpa is in the hospital. He'll be out in 3-4 days and hopefully out by my grad party on Saturday! I needed a little happiness in my life, so I needed a happy chapter or a few. :)

I hope you liked this chapter. Next will be up maybe hopefully by Friday if not before that!

Comment, vote, whatever ya want really :)

Thanks for reading!!!

Cae