Cody

Cody

I left Kaitlyn tucked into bed. She did look very peaceful. I almost stayed with her. I figured we should take things really slow. She fell asleep in my arms on the couch. She was smiling. Genuinely smiling. She just turned 18, so it's not illegal. But it's still frowned upon because she's my student. But my mom had said you can't control who you fall for. She saw it coming before I did. Now that beautiful girl is mine. I smile at the thought. I walk into my house and throw my keys on the table. I wave at the babysitter and let her go home. I walk up to Jakes room and lay with him.

“Daddy?”

“Hey kiddo.” I smile and kiss his forehead.

“Can we stay home tomorrow?”

I chuckle and nod, “Yeah. Saturday morning cartoons. Breakfast. Then we can go to the park, if you want.”

He grins, and nods sleepily. I smile.

“Go back to sleep. See you in the morning.” I kiss his head and tuck him in. I walk out and go to my room. I jump in the shower and then head to bed.

I'm awaken by a jumping 3 year old. I chuckle and pull him down.

“Hey kiddo.”

“Hi. I'm hungry!”

I smile, “Me too. Let's make some breakfast!”

We go downstairs and he lays on the couch and watch cartoons while I make eggs, toast, pancakes and bacon. I take him his plate and a glass of milk. We start eating.

“daddy?”

“Yeah?”

“Why did you come home so late?”

I smile, “Daddy was with a friend.”

“Girlfriend?” He looks down at me.

I nod, “Yeah, kiddo. You'll meet her soon.”

He grins, “Yay!”

I chuckle, “I think you'll like her.”

“Whats her name?”

“Kaitlyn.”

He nods, “You won't forget about me, right?” He look sat me, concern written on his face.

I smile, “I could never forget you. You're my world.”

He smiles, and we finish our food and I take him upstairs to brush our teeth.

A few hours later, around noon, I help him put on his coat and shoes. We walk down the block to the park. I look around and see Kaitlyn by the river with her friends and a little girl sitting between her legs. I smile and walk to the swings and push Jake.

We play for a while and then we make our way to the walk apth by the river. We talk and he tells me about school, his friends, and the baby sister. About everything.

“Daddy?”

“Yeah?” I look down at him.

“What was mom like?”

“Well, she was a sweet heart. But she didn't want to take responsibilities for being a mother. But, I loved you the second I found out about you. You've been my number 1.”

This makes him smile. He hugs my leg, I bend down and pick him up. I kiss his head and he lays his head on my shoulder. I smile and walk, holding him. I look up and see Kaitlyn smiling and laughing, that little girl on her back. I smile. She looks up and sees me. I smile at her and she smiles back before turning to Jace and Jennifer. She puts the little girl down and jumps on Jace's back. He starts running around and Kaitlyn grabs onto a tree branch and hangs on. Jace wraps his arms around Jennifer's shoulders and watch kaitlyn. She shakes her head and starts swinging. She kicks her feet up and does a back flip, landing it. I smile and keep walking. A few minutes later, we get home and I lay him on his bed and tuck him in for a nap. I smile, and walk downstairs and wash the dishes from breakfast. I then, lay on the couch and turn the news on. A picture of my ex girlfriend pops up. I sit up again, and stare at the tv.

“Vanessa..” I reach over and turn up the volume a bit. 

____________________________________________

I felt like his son needs to be in it more. So, this chapter introduces him! And you get a peak into Cody's life outside of the classroom! But, why was his ex on the TV? I think I have an idea where this is going. So, leave a comment and make a guess as to why his ex is on the news! 

I LOVE how this story has been read a lot. I had no idea how successful this story would actually be, but I love the love it's received so far! Thank you guys so much for reading and voting and commenting! 

It honestly makes me so happy to know it's doing pretty well! So, yeah! Vote it up. Like it up. Add it to your libraries and keep making me happy. ^_^ 

As I said before, i will be updating every Friday from now on! So, yeah! Thanks for reading! 

Until Next time!

Cae.