Cody

Cody

WhenI saw her walk across that stage today, I felt so proud of her. Shereally is the love of my love, but I just can't be with her. It'scomplicated. She's about to go off to college. She's gonna find a guyher own age, and shes gonna fall in love and get over me in no time.I'm saving us both the heart ache. But, I know my son loves her too,and I don't wanna cut her from his life, and I definitely want her inmine. But it'll be hard. She'll understand when I see her tonight.Now I have 6 hours to figure out what I want to say to her. I takeJacob home and sit on the couch with him, as I think about what tosay and he sits beside me, watching tv.

It'sabout 7:55 and Jacob and I just got to the park, I let him play onthe equipment, as I sit on the bench and watch him. I hear someoneapproaching from behind and as I go to turn around Jacob gets off theequipment and runs behind me.

"Kaity!!"

Iturn around and see her pick him up and spin him around with a smileon her face. I smile softly, She really is an amazing mother. And Godknows that boy needed a mother. I do need her in my life. That's forsure. She smiles and walks up to me.

"Hey.."

Ismile at her, "Hey graduate."

Shelaughs softly, "Whats up?"

"Notmuch. I just.. I wanted to explain.."

"there'snothing to explain, Cody."

"Thereis.. I broke your heart, without even a hint of an explanation..."

Shenods, "It hurt.. You did break my heart.. But, I get it. Youweren't happy with me.. and you wanted someone your own age.. Justwish you would've told me sooner.. Before I got so attached to youand Jake..."

Inod, "I know.. and honestly, it's not because of that. I love you,Kaitlyn. With all my heart, but your leaving for college in a fewmonths.. I'm sure you're gonna find someone there."

"Youmake it seem like I want someone else, Cody. I don't. I want you.Only you."

Ilook at her, and stroke her cheek with my thumb. "Let's wait untilyou come back for break.. and if you haven't found someone.. we cantry again.."

Shenods, "And if you find someone else?"

"Idoubt I will. But there's always a possibility."

Shesighs and looks down. "I don't wanna wait.. I want to know I'myours again."

Ikiss her forehead, "I know. But.. it's whats best for both of us.And of course, Jacob will be a huge factor in this too. He loves you.He's attached to you"

Shelooks down, "Cody..."

Ilook at her, "Yeah?"

"I'mnot going off to college.. Not this year anyway.. I mean, I'm goingto college... Just not going away. I'm going to the one 5 minutesaway from here... NYU is gonna be there when I'm ready to leave. I'mgonna stay here for my required classes."

"Soyou're staying here?"

Shenod. "Yeah.."

Ismile and wrap my arms around her, "That's great!"

Shehugs back, "I'll never stop loving you, Cody. And I wanna keepbeing there for Jake."

Inod, "Then be there."

Shesmiles, "I will. Always."

Ismile and kiss her cheek, "Good."

_________________________________________

So, Wattpad is still doing the weird thing and there is no space between the first word and the second word of each paragraph.. So, sorry about that. It's weird! But heres the long awaited chapter! How did you guys like it? I'm gonna try to update it more! I will do my very best too! Promise! 

Have you checked out my new story? If you haven't, please do! Let me know what you think about it! I wanna see if I should continue it! 

Thank you for reading! This isn't my best chapter but I needed more Kody? (Caitlyn??) They're the same names spelled differently!! Poop. Anyway, hope you like it! Let me know what you think! 

Until next time!

Cae