Cody - The end.

Cody

I woke up the next morning, tangled up in my sheets. With my eyes still closed I reach over to wrap my arm around Kaitlyn, but I don't feel her body. My hand meets the sheets. I open up one eye and I don't see her anywhere. I sit up, yawning. I hear some giggling coming through the vents from downstairs. I smile, knowing Kaitlyn is downstairs with my family, and playing with Jacob. I shower and change into sweats that hang off my hips and an All Time Low t shirt, and walk down stairs, humming. As I see Jacob and Kaitlyn playing Uno on the floor while my mom is sitting on the couch, behind Jacob, watching their game. I see Derek walk out of the kitchen in just basketball shorts, looking down at his phone. I smile when Kaitlyn sees me. I walk over and kiss her cheek and Jacob's head and sit next to my mom on the couch.

"Morning everyone"
Kaitlyn smiles, "morning, darling"

Jacob grins at me, "Morning daddy!"

God, I still can't believe he's my kid. He reminds me more of myself than his mother, which I guess is good in a way.

It's been 6 months since Kaitlyn and I have gotten back together, and we couldn't have been any happier than we are now. Kaitlyn and I talked about everything, and we both came clean about everything we've ever kept from each other, which, wasn't a lot. She also confessed how badly she wanted to discover NYU, and even attempt to get into Juilliard. I supported her choice, no matter what her final choice was. She chose to go to NYU with Jace and Jennifer. I'm happy for her and I can't wait to hear about her experiences there.

I look over at the stairs as she emerges down the steps with her bags. She smiles softly at me and I smile and stand up, and walk over to help her.

"jeez babe! Taking enough stuff?" I tease her.

She laughs, "If anything, I'm not taking enough!" She grins and hugs me, "God, I'm gonna miss you, babe."

I smile and hug her tightly, inhaling her scent knowing it will be the last time in a long time that I will smell her scent or feel her in my arms.

"I'm gonna miss you too, beautiful. But hey.. we'll text and talk every day. You'll be home in a few months for break, we'll skype and facetime."

"We're gonna make this work, right?" She looks up at me with tears in her eyes. I smile softly and nod, resting my hand against her cheek, wiping a tear that falls with my thumb.

"We're gonna make this work. And we are going to be great. I won't let anything else tear us apart. This I promise. I'm not losing you again. Ever"

She smiles and pulls away, and we walk the luggage out to her car. We put her bags in the trunk and I shut it after we get everything inside of it that she needs in there.

"When are you gonna take off?"

"After Jacob gets off school. I wanna tell him goodbye."

I nod and smile, "He's gonna miss you, but at least he knows we're together and you aren't gone forever."

She laughs, "Not again. I hated leaving him before. Everything is gonna be just fine this time around."

I laugh and glance down at the watch on my wrist, seeing that Jacob will be home in about 20 minutes. I smile and hug her, picking her up. She laughs and wraps her arms around my neck as I spin her around, and putting her down and kissing her gently. I feel her kiss back, and we both pull away, smiling. We both go inside, and lay on the couch, watching tv as she rests her head on my chest and we talk over the television, about our future, and telling each other jokes, and teasing each other.

"Kaity... You're the best thing to ever happen to me. You know that? You changed me"

She smiles, "You're the best thing to happen to me too, Cody. I'm always gonna be in love with you. No matter what."

I smile, "No matter what."

She grins, "Forever?"

I grin, "And always, beautiful."

15 minutes later, we hear the bus pull up in front of the house, and we both stand up and head to the door. I open the door and as soon as Jacob sees us, he takes off in a full sprint towards us, and hugs both of our legs. Kaitlyn grins and picks him up,

"Hey kiddo! How was school?"

"It was fun! I made 2 new friends!"

She grins, "You did? Tell us all about it!"

He grins and begins to describe almost every detail of his day at school. Almost like hes writing a paper on it. God, he's so much like me. He even admitted to loving English class!

After he finishes, we make lunch together. We laugh together as he makes a mess everywhere. Kaitlyn cleans up after we eat and I smile and help her. After we finish up, Kaitlyn and I walk into the living room where Jacob is watching tv. He looks up at us, as Kaitlyn kneels in front of him.

"Alright, kiddo. I gotta get on the road. I'll be home before you know it okay?"

He jumps up and hugs her tightly. Closing his eyes tightly.

"Promise you're coming home this time?"

She smiles softly, and nods. "I promise, sweet heart. I'm coming home."

He pulls away and grins, as Kaitlyn sticks her pinky finger out, and he links her pink finger with his. He hugs her again and smiles. I smile as I watch. After they pull away, she stands up and give sme a hug again, tightly.

"Tell me you want me to stay.. and I will... I'll stay."

I shake my head, "You need to go out and experience a real college life. I want you to go and have a blast. And follow your dreams!"

She smiles and nods, "I will. I love you."

"I love you too, baby girl." I kiss her forehead, as she backs up, keeping her fingers interlocked until she steps backwards with enough space between us before our fingers separate. She kisses Jacobs head and watches us, as she turns when she gets to the door, opens it and walks out. Jacob and I walk to the door, and watch her from the door way. As she gets into her car, waving at us, before starting her car.

I smile softly as Jacob and I both wave back to her. We watch as she pulls out of the driveway, and takes off down the road. We watch until she disappears down the road; Off to New York City to begin her first chapter of life away from this small town.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Well... this marks the end to an amazing and wonderfully accomplished story. I'm sorry its been months since I have updated. School was hell and dance was stressful! It was my first year taking a solo to competitions and I have to say it was also very very successful. I'm officially on summer. 

I'm still debating on whether I want to make sequel to this story. What do you guys think? How did you guys honestly feel about this story? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Do you think I should write a sequel to this story? If so, any ideas what should happen?

From here on out I am going to be focusing on my Andy Biersack story, and I will also be working on my brand new story I uploaded called "I'm sorry, forgive me", it's different than anything i've written before and it would mean so so much to me if you checked it out! 

Thank you guys so much for being so patient with me as i updated this story over the course of this story. And thank you for commenting and voting and adding it to your stories. It means so much to me! I love all you guys!! <3 

Cae xx