Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn

"Cody? Are you okay??"

He looks up at me, and smiles. He pulls me into a hug before I hear a small giggle,

"Mama?"

I look down at a smiling precious face that I grew to love.

"Oh my god, Jacob!!" I lean over and hug him tightly. He hugs back and I let some tears fall. "I'm so glad you're okay sweetie. I was so worried. We were worried."

He nods, "I know. I heard everything."

I smile softly, "I'm glad I get to see your bubbly self again." I kiss his head. I walk around the other side and lay beside him, Cody laying on the other side of Jacob and we lay together, talking. Laughing. Feeling complete and happy. I finally feel complete. Life is good.

A few days later, Jacob is released from the hospital and we take him home. He's currently laying on the couch. Cody is at school, and I'm making him lunch. My dad was currently out of rehab. He hasn't touched a beer bottle since. He's at home, and I've been switching nights. Tonight I'll be staying with Cody and Jake. My dad had found another woman while away. It took me by surprise but she makes him genuinely happy and that's all I want.

"mama?"

I smile as I look over and see the little boy that has brought me so much joy.

"Yeah sweetie?"

"Whatcha' making?"

I laugh softly, "you're favorite."

He grins, "Dinosaur mac & cheese???"

I nod and laugh, "Yep! You're gonna share right?"

"Duhh."

I laugh, "You are so like your father."

He beams and sits at the island and looks at me. "Are you and daddy happy together?"

I look over and nod, "Of course. Why?"

"I heard you two arguing the other night.."

"Oh sweetie, it wasn't anything big. Daddy and I are just fine. Okay?"

He nods and smiles, "Good."

"I'm not leaving your side, kid. Ever."

He giggles, and I give him his plate of mac & cheese. I smile and and eat a bit and clean the dishes. I look over and see the time.

"Daddy should be home soon."

He nods and smiles, "Let's watch cartoons!"

I nod, "Alright, kiddo. Let's go."

We go to the couch and we lay down, and while Jake watches tv, I fall asleep.

About an hour later, I hear the front door open and close and a pair of little footsteps running towards that way. I squeeze my eyes shut a bit and yawn. As I sit up, rubbing my eyes.

"Good evening, sleepyhead."

I look up and smile softly, "Hey, Cody."

He smiles, and picks Jacob up. He and Jacob talk for a while, Jacob telling him about his day. I sit and watch them. I go to the kitchen and get a water bottle. I come back and see them sitting on the floor playing with his toys. I smile, and go upstairs. I get in the shower and get out. When I walk out of the bathroom, half hour later, I see Cody sitting on the bed. I jump, holding the towel to me.

"Cody. You scared me."

He chuckles, "Sorry, baby girl." He walks over and hugs me close.

We lay on the bed together, tangled up in each other. Our foreheads touching, his fingers stroking my cheek. He's so perfect.

And in this moment in time, I know.. it's clear to me.

 He's my soul mate.

________________________________________________________

Hey! SO.. I'm posting as a newly high school graduate. I finally did it. I'm out of that hell hole, and it was a pretty good weekend! I had a dance recital Saturday, which started off embarrassing as fuck, let me tell you what. But then Sunday I had graduation. My aunt and uncle came in town with their two daughters, and I got to meet my new baby cousin for the first time. It was the best. and Saturday night, I heard my grandpa say "motherfucking" which he never says, so it was hysterical. Oh the joys of Cards Against Humanity. Anyway!

I hoped you liked this chapter! I wrote this chapter on brand new laptop! You know what that means?? No laptop freezing on me! ^_^ woo!

Don't forget to comment, rate, subscribe. The next chapter WILL be uploaded tomorrow! That I absolutely promise! and my other story will also be updated tomorrow as well! :) Enjoy!

Cae