Chapter One: Kaitlyn

"Hurry up, we're gonna be late!"

I roll my eyes. My best friend always likes to be early. I don't see why, it's school. We're both straight A students.

I'm Kaitlyn. Senior in High School. I'm not a loser, but i'm not popular. I have tons of friends, but in that big group of friends, I have 2 best friends. I trust them with my life. Jennifer Crowly and Jace Adams. I love them to death, and I'd pick them over anyone. I've had my air share of dates and boyfriends. They all end in the same way. Heart break. They cheat, I find out. It's tragic huh? Nah. I'd rather have an older guy. They are so much more mature, and sexy.

"Kaity!" Jenn stands there, staring at me.

"I'm coming!" we walk into class and I sit in my normal seat. I turn to her and Jace. When the teacher walks in, we turn to him. He starts writing on the board.

"Good morning class!" He turns to us and smiles, "I'm Mr. Carson. Your new English teacher.

I swear my heart skips a beat when I see his smile. He's gorgeous! Not your usual english teacher. His hair is a bit longer on the side. Kind of edgy. Kind of rock star-ish. VERY sexy.

He sits at his desk and starts calling role.

"Jace?"

"here." He raises his hand and nods.

Mr. Carson nods at him and looks down,

"Jennifer?"

"You can call me Jenn!" She smiles politely.

He nods and smiles. "Kaitlyn?"

I raise my hand and smile at him. "Here."

We hold eye contact for a moment before he smiles and nods. He continues roll and I swore he opened a door into my soul and stared into it. Damn Kaitlyn, you aren't gonna like him. No. I refuse. But, damn, he's hot.

"So today, I'm not gonna assign work. I'll let you ask me questions to get to know me. And I will not lie."

Some of the students raise their hands. He points at Stephanie.

"Do you have a wife or kids?"

"I'm not married, but I do have a son." He smiles.

"Is she still around?"

"The mother? No. she stuck around until he was born. Then left him with me. "

"Thats horrible. How old is he?" Jasmine chimed in.

"He's 3. He is my world. His name is Jacob."

"Where did you work before here?" Jenn asked him.

"The mall. Hot topic."

"Kaity and I shop there all the time!" She grins.

"Of course you do." Chelsea rolls her eyes.

Chelsea is the one girl who is popular. We don't know why. Her looks most likely. She's a pain in the ass. She's always been jealous of Jace, Jenn, and I.

"hot topic is a great store. That's where I go for casual clothes." He smiles at us. Another heart beat skipped. I feel his eyes on me, and I look up. We make eye contact again. Oh dear god. His blue eyes are piercing. I'm in so much trouble.

"Any other questions?"

Before I know it, my hands in the air. Kaitlyn you are so stupid.

"Yes, ms. Oliver?" he smiles.

"what kind of music do you like?"

"I like rock music. Bands like Fall out Boy, My Chemical Romance, All time low. Bands like that."

Marry me, I smile. "That's awesome."

Chelsea scoffs, "So you like the same type of music as the loser."

He smiles at me. "You like rock too?"

I smile. "I live for rock music."