Cody

I sit there, stunned. Chelsea actually stole our song? I'm not letting her get away with this. I'm telling the principal. I look around, and then look at Kaitlyn. She's just sitting there. I see some tears forming in her eyes. I sigh, and lean over and whisper,

“We'll get to the bottom of this. I promise. But what are you gonna do?”

she looks over, and whispers. “I'm gonna perform. I have other songs up my sleeve. I knew Chelsea was up to something. And now I know what.”

I sigh, “You're closing the show. Because everyone knows you're better than her, Kait. Alright?”

She smiles softly at me and nods, “Thank you.”

I nod at her and smile.

The rest of the people perform. Chelsea smirking over at us every chance she got. Before I know it, it's Kaitlyn's turn. She goes backstairs with a few other people. I wonder who they are. I don't go up with her since Chelsea stole our song and that's the only song we worked on together. She goes out on that stage with an electric guitar and they wheel out a drum set and and they set up a keyboard and a short haired blonde sits at the drums. Tests them out a bit. Kaitlyn walks to the mic and smiles at everyone.

“Hey everyone. So, we were kind of unprepared for this because someone stole the song I was gonna sing. An original. And I have quite a few people to vouch for me. But, I write songs a lot. And I wrote this song a few months back... on the day I met this guy I like. I hope you guys like it.”

She takes a step back and starts playing with her band. I didn't even know she had a band! They sound pretty damn good! Fantastic even! Then she starts singing.

He was a boy. She was a girl. Can I make it anymore obvious? He was a punk. She did ballet.
What more can I say? He wanted her. She'd never tell. Secretly she wanted him as well. And all of her friends
Stuck up their nose. And they had a problem with his baggy clothes.

I stare in awe, as Luke dances in his seat to the music. I chuckle at him, and look back up at Kaitlyn. Wow. She's flipping her hair. She's really into this song. I wonder who she wrote it for.. She said she wrote it for a guy she likes.. did she find someone else?

Sorry, girl, but you missed out. Well, tough luck, that boy's mine now. We are more than just good friends. This is how the story ends. Too bad that you couldn't see... See that man that boy could be. There is more than meets the eye, I see the soul that is inside. He's just a boy, and I'm just a girl. Can I make it anymore obvious? We are in love.
Haven't you heard how we rock each other's world?

I keep watching her, and we keep making eye contact. I smile at her. Right now, I feel nothing but love. True love. Every time we make eye contact, I know in my gut, she didn't find anyone because. I can see in her eyes that she loves me back, although we have never said it. I can't wait until graduation. When I can see her outside of school. Now that this show is almost over, we no longer have a made up reason to be seen together in public. I have no idea how we're gonna make this work. Maybe tell people, I'm helping her? Nah, that wouldn't fly. She's number 3 in her class. She's behind Jennifer and Jace, but she's fine with that. We'll talk about it, I'm sure.

I'm with the skater boy, I said, "See ya later, boy. I'll be backstage after the show. I'll be at the studio singing the song we wrote about a girl you used to know."

She lets her voice fade out, holding it out a few beats and stops. She smiles, pushes her hair back with her fingers, brings her band members up to the front of the stage, takes both the drummers and the bassists hands, raises them and brings them, bowing in the process. At this point she has the ENTIRE auditorium standing up cheering and clapping. That was the liveliest performance of the night. She's sweating so you know she gave it her all. They stand and she waves, and the curtains close. They walk off, and then the curtain opens again and each individual act walks out taking a final bow. Then Kaitlyn walks out, bringing her band with her again. She's all about not taking all the attention for herself. She likes it to be equal. Another thing I love about her. They all bow and and back up, by everyone else while the curtain closes. Soon enough the lights come up, and everyone files out. I meet up by Jace and Jennifer and Kaitlyn walks over to us. Jennifer squeals and runs over, attacking Kaitlyn in a hug. I see Kaitlyn laugh and hug back, and I watch as Jace joins in. I look over and I see Jake looking up at me. I chuckle and nod. And Kaitlyn pulls away from their hug and instantly sees Jake running towards her with a huge smile on his face. She giggles, and kneels down and catches my son in her arms, and picks him up. She pecks his cheek and he grins. She laughs and I walk over.

“How come you never told me you had that song as a back up?”

She smiles softly, “I'm full of surprises. You should know that.”

I chuckle, “Yeah you are. You did amazing. You blew everyone's socks off.”

she laughs softly, as Jake yells “yeah!”

“Thanks.”

I smile, “you're welcome.”

She's tapped on the shoulder. She puts Jake down and turns and gasps, grinning.

_____________________________________________

Here is the next chapter! Theres always something that comes up every fucking Friday. I'm so sorry it wasn't up. This time my fucking computer froze. I almost lost everything I did yesterday! But I didn't! which is good. But it all got recovered and it made me feel relieved. But, I hope you like it.

What do you think about how Kaitlyn handled the situation? What do you think about how Cody reacted? Who do you think tapped on Kaitlyn's shoulder? FIND OUT NEXT WEEK! Muahahaha. 

Thank you so much for reading! It means a lot wth every notification i get saying you voted. Sayng you added it to your library. Every coment warms my heart. I've been going through a rough time with my long distance boyfriend, so the comments and votes really help me smile! The other story will be updated soon. I've had writers block on that one. I may make those chapters shorter. I don't know. It hasn't blown up like this one has. 

Anyway, thank you again! Until next week!

Cae.