Kaitlyn (Part 1)

Kaitlyn

It'sGRADUATION DAY!!! I can't believe the day has come. Yes, I'm stillhurt from Cody's random outburst that lead to him breaking up withhim. But, there's not much I can really do about it anymore. There'sno changing his mind.

Iget out of bed and jump into the shower, and dry my hair and dry mybody and walk out into my room and change into a above the knee blackdress with a brown braided belt, and I smooth it out. I head to thebathroom and blow dry my hair and once it's completely dry I take mycurling iron and start curling my hair. About 20 minutes later, Iscrunch my hair and straighten my bangs. I unplug my straightener andmy curling iron and start doing my make up. I smile and grab my gownand cap. I smile and run downstairs, slipping on my black flats.

Istop in the kitchen door way. And a smile forms on my face.

"Daddy!"

Hesmiles and turns, "Well, look at my baby girl!"

Ismile and run over and hug him. He smiles and hugs me back.

"Wow,sweetie. You've grown up. You're mother.. would be so incrediblyproud of you."

Ismile and nod, "Thanks daddy..."

Hesmiles, "Eat up. You gotta get to school."

Inod and eating my eggs and toast. I finish up and put my plate insink. I kiss his cheek and I bumped into a woman in the hall way.

"I'mso sorry."

Shesmiles, "It's quite alright. You must be the infamous Kaitlyn."

Ismile, "And you must be Maria."

Shenods, "It's nice to finally meet you."

Ismile and hug her gently, "You too. I have to go now, but I hope tosee you this afternoon at graduation."

Iwave at her then my dad, grab my stuff and run out.

10minutes later, I get to the school and meet up with Jace and Jenniferby the library where we're all suppose to go and get pictures taken.I smile and we talk a bit. Thn I catch a glimpse of blonde hair walkin the front door besides the library, and I can't help but look overand see him. I feel my heart drop when I see him holding Jake's hand.I look down and away before he catches me. Last thing I need is tomake eye sight with the man who broke my heart.

Anhour later, we're lined up boys on the other side of the auditoriumand the girls on the opposite side. I got paired up with probably oneof the hottest guys at our school. In our class. Lucky me, right? Healways smiles, he's not just one of the douche bag jock type. He'sthe jock who has the biggest heart. He ended up getting 4thin our class. Right behind Jace. I hear the school song being playedby the band. I take a deep breath, as I'm the first one to walk out.I look at Jennifer and she smiles and gives me a thumbs up. I laughand when our psychology teachers nods at me, I walk out, and walk bythe bleachers, smiling at some parents as I pass by. I meet up behindthe metal chairs with Matthew and smile at him, as I slide my armthrough his, and we walk down the aisle together whispering funthings to each other to make each other laugh. He lets me walk firstto go stand on the bleachers with the rest of the choir. And see Jennwalk up and stand beside me on the bottom riser. I look out into theaudience and smile when I see my dad, Maria, my aunt, and then besidemy dad is an older guy I haven't seen since I was 13. I grin. I can'tbelieve he's here! I see the choir director stand in front of us andshe smiles at Jenn and I because we're the only seniors in theselected girls choir. The piano starts and the choir as a wholestarts to sing the national anthem. After that, we walk to our seatsand I sit beside Matthew as he rubs my back and smiles.