Cody/Kaitlyn

Cody

Hearing that caused my heart to drop into my stomach. Did someone hurt my little boy?! I swear if they did, I'll kill them! I start shaking when I feel a small hand on my shoulder. I turn to see Kaitlyn with fear written all over her face. I turn to the cop and all I can manage is a nod.

He hesitates, "Sir, there was an accident.. involving your son.."

"W-What kind of accident?"

"A lady was leaving the state. She was on the toll road. She got onto it.. and while she was merging. She didn't see a car in her blind spot.. she hit it.. causing her car to spin out of control.." He stops before going on, to let me and Kaity process the news.

"They hit a semi... before rolling the car down a ditch.. wrapping the car around a tree.."

Kaitlyn shakes and raises her hands to her mouth, and a tear falls. I pull her into my arms, knowing Kaitlyn will try to blame herself for this, although she has no reason too. I let a tear fall, and I wipe it away. I ask the one thing, I know will shatter my heart if given the wrong answer.

"Is.. Jake okay? Did he... did he make it?" I try, but my voice cracks anyway.

The police officer, nods. "He's alive. But, he's in a coma. He's at the hospital."

I sigh a breath of relief, "Thank god. Thank you, sir. For telling me in person."

He nods, "It's never easy. But.. He made it. The female driving though, didn't make it."

"Did you identify her?"

"A female named Annabelle Thompson..."

"Anna?! Why the hell did she have my son... I don't understand.."

Kaitlyn looks up at me, "Who's Annabelle?"

I take a deep breath, closing my eyes. How do I tell her?

 Kaitlyn

When I heard the knock on the door, I froze. My heart beat a mile a minute. Was that someone here to tell us that they found Jake.. alive? Dead? Oh god. I'm a wreck. I miss that kid so much. His bubbly face and his amazing personality. I love that kid with all my heart. When I come back from my clouded mind, I see Cody at the door and a police officer. I slowly walk over, placing my hand on his shoulder. He looks back, and I think he can tell I'm afraid. He looks at the officer, and he has a hesitant look on his face. He goes off explaining what had happened. When the officer says a name, I see Cody's face morph into an extremely shocked face. I raise my eyebrows,

"Who's Annabelle?"

I see him close his eyes and I grow worried. Oh god, he doesn't even want to tell me. I'm afraid of the answer. Did he find someone else? Did you actually ask someone else to pick him up early?

"Danielle's sister..." He whispers softly towards me.

"Danielle? As in..."

He just nods, and a tear falls from his left eye.

I just stand there shocked. I just take a step back, giving him space. I look down. The officer nods,

"I'm sorry for your loss sir."

Cody nods, and thanks the officer before he walks away and gets into his car and drives off. Cody steps back, and grabs his keys.

"You coming?"

I look up, "You want me to come?"

"You are his mother..."

I nod, and slide some sandals on and walk out with him.

15 minutes later, which seemed longer because of traffic and Cody's constant cursing at idiot drivers, we finally arrived at the hospital. We rush in after parking, and find out his room number. Cody and I run off to find it, and we slowly and quietly enter the room. I gasp seeing my new son, laying in a hospital, wearing a hospital gown, he looked so bruised and beaten up. From the corner of my eye, I saw Cody shed a few tears before walking over to his son and taking his hand. I watch before walking on the other side of the bed and taking his other hand. I leaned down, kissing his forehead. Cody sits beside the bed, whispering things to Jake. I look down and sit down and look over at Jake. He looked so helpless.

A few hours later, the doctor came in at his usual time and checked Jake's vitals. According to him, he hasn't changed at all. He's the same as he was when taken to the hospital. I walked over to Cody and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. I could feel how heartbroken he was. I knew he blamed himself for this.. but, to be completely honest? I feel responsible for this. I should've gone earlier than 3:55. I kiss his cheek. He looks up at me.

"Baby girl, you can go home. You have school tomorrow."

I sigh, "I don't wanna leave him. Or you."

He gives me a slight crooked smile, "Go. I'll call you if anything changes, okay?"

I sigh, and nod. "I'll see you later then, babe."

He nods and kisses me softly on the lips and pulls away. I sigh and kiss Jake's forehead, and stroke his cheek gently with my thumb, before turning and walking out. I call Jenn to come get me. 

_____________________________________________________

Sorry, i'm late on updating it again. I'm still recovering from last week. And Monday I had 2 placement exams for college. And Tuesday I had dance for 5 hours. But, I finally update!

Q: What do you think will happen to Jake?

Were you surprised about Danielle's sister??

Why do you think she took Jake?!

Sorry, if this chapter isn't as good. I really tried.

Thank you for reading! Next update will be up soon!! :)

Cae.