Cody

Cody

Kaitlyn, Jake, and I made our way to the mall, and spent quite a few hours walking around, we wore Jake out. He asked for Kaitlyn to hold him, in which she agreed and picked him up, and he fell asleep with his head on her shoulder. I hope she doesn't mind that he looks up to her as a mother figure. We never really talked about it, so I hope she doesn't freak out or leave us when I bring it up to her later before dinner. Jake loves Kaitlyn. He's grown to be attached, so I desperately hope I don't fuck this whole relationship up. She doesn't just mean a lot to Jake. She means a lot to me. She's the one person who I can be myself around, and she accepts it. I'm musically artistic as well as a sucker for English. But, I can be a nerd. Marvel movies and superheros? My weakness. She knows this and she doesn't care. She likes that about me. I want to ask her father if he's alright with us being together. We've been dating for quite a while now, and I grow more and more in love with her every day. She's smart, funny, beautiful, nice. Seriously, she's well known throughout the school as the girl who is nice to EVERYONE. Someone is mean to her? She's nice to them. She doesn't sink down to their level like everyone else would, including me. If you would have told me years ago that I'd fall in love with one of my high school students I would tell you, that you've lose your mind. But, now that I know I'm completely in love with this beautiful girl walking beside me with my son in her arms, I feel like I'm complete. I have a gorgeous girlfriend and the best son, I could ever ask for. Life is finally looking up.

A few hours pass, and we drove to her house, and she took her bags inside and we followed her in. We greet her dad, and she goes upstairs to put her bags away. She also wanted to change into something else. This is my chance. I walk to the kitchen after laying Jake down on the couch.

"Mr. Oliver?"

He turns and greets me with a smile, "Hello Cody. How are you today?"

"great. How are you?"

"I'm good. Whats up?"

"Could I ask you a question, real quick? While Kaitlyn is upstairs."

He nods, "Of course."

"I just wanted to make sure that it is okay with you, that I'm seeing your daughter."

He smiles and nods at me, "It is. You make her happy. She hasn't been happy since her mother passed away. When she talks about you, or just being with you.. she has a real genuine smile. I love seeing her happy."

I smile, and sigh in relief, "really? She talks about me?"

He nods and smiles, "All the time."

I smile and look at him, "I also had one more question."

He nods, "Shoot."

I stop for moment, trying to figure out how to ask him.

"I like your daughter a lot, and so does my son.. My son looks up to her as a mother. Is it alright, if I ask her to be the mother that Jake needs?"

He smiles and nods again, "Of course it is! If that's what she wants to do, I will support it."

I smile, "Thank you, sir."

We shake hands and smile, As we shake hands we hear Kaitlyn making her way back downstairs.

I turn to her and smile when she walks in,

"Hey sweet heart." I kiss her head and smile.

She smiles, "Hey cutie. Hey dad."

He smiles at her, "Hey Kaity. Did you guys have fun?"

She nods and smiles at me, "I had a blast."

"Dad?"

The three of us turn towards the doorway to see a sleepy looking 4 year old with a blanket wrapped around him, dragging behind him. I hear Kaitlyn giggle softly. I walk over and kneel down.

"Whats up, kiddo?"

"Where are we?"

I move, so he can see Kaitlyn and her dad. "At Kaitlyn's."

He grins, drops the blanket and runs over to her, "Kaitlyn!"

She grins and kneels down with her arms open, as he hugs her, "Hey sweetie!"

He grins, and she stands up holding him in her arms. He really does love her, and look at her as his mother. And she makes one damn good mother.

About an hour later, her father, Kaitlyn, Jake and I are sitting at the kitchen table eating and making conversation. After we finish, we don't move as we sit there talking. I look at her father and he nods at me and smiles. I smile back and look over at Kaitlyn.

"Hey, Kaitlyn?"

She looks away from Jake, smiling and looks over at me. God, her smile is gorgeous, and so bright.

"Yeah?"

I smile at her, "I had a question."

"Whats up? Everything okay?"

I nod at her, and smile. "Jake really likes you. And.. he's already looking up to you as his mother.. Is that okay with you?"

Her smile grows bigger and nods, "I'd love to step up and be his mother. I love this kid."

Jake grins, "So you're my mommy now?"

She smiles down at him, and nods. "I am, kiddo."

Jake jumps up, hugging her. I smile and watch them. She hugs him back, and smiles up at me. God damn, I love this girl. Now, to tell her how I feel about her.

Now, Jake has a mother. I have the best girlfriend in the world. And now Jake and I have a complete family. A mother. A father. And a son. Life was complete and fantastic now. I couldn't be happier.

________________________________________________________-

I didn't realize how long it's been since my last update, holy shit. I'm so sorry for making you guys wait so long! But, thank you for being so patient with me! You all are the best! So, I should have the next one up maybe early next week! I have my senior prom tomorrow night! And I'm staying the night at my best friends house afterwards and we're pulling an all nighter and playing cards against humanity. Have you guys played that yet? It's so much fun!! Well, I hope you're ready for some drama! Because there will be drama soon! Get ready guys! Alright, until next time!! I love you guys!!!

Cae.