Cody

Chapter 2: Cody.

“Oh yeah?” I smile. “Favorite band?”

She smirks, “Adelitas Way”

“Great band. Lead singer is a close friend of mine, believe it or not.”

“No way!” She and her 2 friends gasp, wide eyed.

“Yep!” I smirk. “We were roommates in college.”

“That's so cool!” She smiles.

She's beautiful. I know I shouldn't say that about a student. But, she's gorgeous. Absolutely stunning! Her black straight hair shining in the sunlight, seeping through the blinds. Hey, she should be turning 18 right? Hopefully. Wait, why am I thinking about this? Snap out of it, Cody!

“Sir, are you okay?” I hear Jasmine ask. I snap out of it.

“Yeah. Sorry, I zoned.” I chuckled.

The class laughs, and soon enough the bell rings. Everyone files out leaving Kaitlyn, Jennifer, and Jace behind.

They stand there and I see Kaitlyn smile at me, “Welcome to East High, Mr. Carson.”

I smile warmly at her. “Thank you, Kaitlyn. Have a great day.”

I hear them all say Thank you and with that, they were gone.

The whole day passes by quickly and I pack my stuff and walk to my car. I see Kaitlyn say goodbye to her friends and walk off. I see her walk off campus and I drive beside her.

“Kaitlyn? Do you need a ride?”

She jumps and smiles. “Sure. Thanks.”

She gets into my car and buckles up. She looks at me. “Thanks, Mr. Carson.”

I smile at her. “Not a problem. Just tell me where you live.”

“The gas station on brick. I live down the street on the right.”

“You were gonna walk all the way there?”

She nods.

“How long does that take?”

She shrugs, “About an hour.”

“Well, if you ever need a ride, let me know. I'm more than happy to give you a lift.”

She smiles gratefully at me. “Thank you so much.”

I nod, “It's the least I could do.”

“So.. what's Chelsea's story?”

She laughs softly. “Chelsea is jealous of me and my friends, I guess. She's always been “Popular”, but I have more friends, because I'm kind and helpful to everyone.”

I smile, “The world needs more of you, Kaitlyn. There would be world peace.” I look over and see her blushing.

She smiles at me, but I notice something I didn't before, the look in her eyes. Sadness. I wanna touch her cheek and make the pain go away.

“everything okay at home?”

She nods, looking out the window again.

“My mom died a few months ago. My dad is never around anymore, and when he is he gets drunk and sleeps. We're officially a broken home.”

I look over and see a tear fall down her cheek. I reach over and gently wipe it away.

“I'm so sorry to hear that.” I sigh, I see her smile a little.

“It's alright. God throws at us, what he thinks we can take, right?”

I smile, “Right. You're a very strong girl.”

I pull up her drive way and see an empty and dark house. I feel bad for her. The poor girl.

“Kaitlyn.”

She stops and looks at me.

“I'm having dinner with my parents and brother. I hate leaving you alone. Do you wanna come? If someone finds out, I'll say I was helping you with college apps.”

She smiles and nods, “Sure.”
“Do you need anything inside?”

She shakes her head and I back out of her drive way. I drive to my parents which is another 20 minutes. On the way, we talk about ourselves. Getting to know each other. I can see she's been let down a lot before. It's hard for her to trust. She's been through a lot. I'm glad she has friends like Jennifer and Jace.

I pull up to a big 3 story house and I see Kaitlyn's eyes widen. I chuckle, “My dad is a big time salesman. “

She relaxes a bit and nods.

We get out and I open the door for us and she slowly walks in.

“Mom? Dad? I'm here. And I brought a friend.”

She smiles and I see my mom walk out of the kitchen.

“Hey sweet heart!” She kisses my cheek and then looks at Kaitlyn and gives her a warm, welcoming smile.

“Hello dear. I'm Amy”

“I'm Kaitlyn. It's nice to meet you, ma'am.” She smiles and they shake hands.

“Please. Call me Amy.”

Kaitlyn nods and smiles.

“Kaitlyn is having troubles at home and I didn't feel comfortable enough leaving her alone.”

My mom smiles, “You're more than welcome to stay for dinner.”

“Thank you. I appreciate it.” She smiles.

“Anytime, Sweetie. Cody, help me in the kitchen?”

“Sure.” I walk into the kitchen with my mom.

“Is she one of your students?”

I nod, “ Her mom died a few months ago, and her dad is never home.”

“Don't get into trouble, kiddo. But, I'm not going to be against it.”

I look at her, “what?”

“Sweetie, I know you like her. You should see the way you look at her.”

___________________________________________

Thanks for checking this story out! I hope you liked it!

I fell in love with Cody and the rest of Set it Off when I saw them in concert with BVB. I can't stop listening to their music. I'm obsessed! 

Lemme know in a comment what you think of this story! 

It will be updated soon! Thanks!

-Cae