Kaitlyn

I get home from Cody's and I take a shower. I felt cleaner and refreshed. I can honestly say I liked waking up next to Cody. I could see me doing that for the rest of my life. Crazy, I know. We just got together. But I can't help the way I feel. I just hope my dad accepts it, when he finds out. Which won't be until after graduation when we come out about this. I feel so special when it comes to Cody. He's the only man to ever call me “Princess” and “Baby girl”. I love it! I'm lucky. And he loves music, just like I do! It's crazy. And don't get me started on his son! I love that kid already.

I go downstairs and I give Shadow food and I make some for me. I eat a little sandwich and then take Shadow out in the back yard. I play with him a bit, so he gets outside. I laugh when he sits down beside me and looks around. I pet him and he lays down putting his head on my lap. I pull out my phone and text Cody.

“Hey, Does Jake wanna go on a walk?”

He replies almost instantly, “He started jumping up and down excitedly. So I’m gonna assume yes, Why whats up?”

I smile, “I gotta take Shadow for a walk. He hasn't had one in about a week. Would you two like to join me?”

He replies, “Sure. Come by.”

“Be there soon.” I put a leash on Shadow and I walk to his house and knock. He opens the door and Jake runs over, hugging my leg. I smile and lean down.

“Hey cutie.”

He grins and looks at Shadow.

“Your doggy?”

I nod, “Yeah. My doggy. His name is Shadow. He's friendly. You can pet him.”

He smiles and pets Shadow. Shadow starts licking his face and he giggles and turns his head. I smile and look at Cody. He smiles at me, which makes my heart skip a beat. I smile back and we set out after he puts Jake's coat on. I walk with them, and kneel down and look at Shadow.

“Be gentle with him okay? I'm gonna let him hold the leash.”

shadow barks and I smile, “Good boy.” I kiss his head and hand Jake the leash, and we start walking again.

Shadow walks slowly with Jake, and I smile. I have the smartest and cutest dog ever. Period. I keep walking with them, and I link my arm through Cody's. I smile as he keeps his hood up. We talk and walk and we stop at the playground so Jake can play and I toss the ball for Shadow a few times before he wonders back over and collapses next to me, and lays his head on my lap. I smile.

“My poor baby's exhausted.” I pet Shadows head, while I talk to Cody. He keeps a close eye on Jake. We watch a lot of Criminal Minds and SVU. Sue us. I look around.

A few minutes later, Jake runs over to us, tackling his father as I laugh. I watch them and smile. Cody is a fantastic father. And it takes a real man to stand up and take the responsibilities as the father/mother role. Hopefully I can help. We get up and we walk to my house and I let Shadow inside. Give him a treat and water and I lock up. I walk back with them to Cody's house and walk in. Cody helps Jake with his coat and shoes. And then goes upstairs and gets his guitar. He smiles. I smile and we sit on his couch and he starts strumming a bit. I smile as Jake sits on my lap. I wrap my arms around him and smile at Cody. He smiles and starts strumming the song we've been working on.

♫stand there like a ghost shaking from the rain. She'll open up the door and say “are you insane?”. Say it's been a long 6 months. And you were too afraid to tell her what you want.♫