Cody

Cody

I was laughing with Miranda on the couch, I was about to go to bed when she rang my doorbell. I was surprised to see her. She was an old friend back in college, actually she was Rick's college girlfriend. I guess, they broke up after his bands career took off. I use to have a thing of her back in college before she started dating Rick, but things changed big time after they got together, and I started dating Vanessa. We double dated a lot, Miranda was kind of clingy when she was with Rick. Vanessa was perfect, or so I thought. I wonder how Miranda even found me.

A few hours later, it's 3am, Miranda and I are sitting in my kitchen at the island, talking while I make us coffee. My phone died so it's upstairs charging. I excuse myself and I run upstairs and look at my phone and see it's done charging. I walk back down with it. I try to text Kaitlyn back but I don't get a text back. She must be sleeping. Then a few seconds later, my phone rings. I answer,

“Hello?”

“Hello, is this Cody?”

“Uh, yes? Who is this? And why do you have Kaitlyn's phone?”

“This is her father, is she with you??”

“No sir, I haven't seen Kaitlyn since the show. Why, is she not there?”

“No, she went for a walk.. and she hasn't come back. Do you know anywhere she would go?”

“Have you checked Jace or Jennifer's?”

“They didn't answer. My daughter doesn't stay out, or ever forget her phone anywhere.”

“Sir, I'll find her. And I'll bring her back safe. I promise. Keep her phone on you. I'll call.”

With that, we hang up. And I ask Miranda to stay here in case Jake wakes up and then I run out, I start walking around. The problem is.. I have NO idea where to start looking. She could be at the park. She could be at the store. Maybe somebody took her--- NO CODY.. don't ever start thinking like that. Kaitlyn is fine, and you're gonna find her! You have to find her. Her and her dad are depending on you.

I run to the park and start running down the side walk, yelling her name. I get to the “hood” part of the park, where all the drug dealers hang out and where people go to have sex without getting caught by authorities. One guy stops me, and looks at me.

“Are you looking for a girl about 18 years old? Black hair? Kind of wavey?”

I nod, and look at him, “Yes! Have you seen her?!”

He nods, and points me in a direction, “She's asleep on a park bench. I left my coat on her, she was shivering and curled into a ball. It would've looked sketchy if I picked her up and moved her.”

“Oh my god, thank you so much!” I took off running and I see a girl passed out on the bench. I run closer and see Kaitlyn. I sigh in relief and run over and shake her a bit,

“Baby, wake up.”

“hm?” She sleepily opens one eye and looks at me, then both eyes open, “Cody!” She sits up and hugs me.

I hug back tightly, “What happened?”

“I was walking.. to clear my mind.. and I went to your house... Cody.. Why didn't you tell me you found someone else?”

“What? I didn't find someone else. You're my only. What are you talking about?”

“I saw that blonde girl with her hand on your leg, and you two were sitting close.. and laughing..”

“That's Miranda. Rick's ex girlfriend. She came by for a visit. You didn't knock?”

“I was going to when I heard you laughing.. So, just walked off.”

I sigh and pull her into a hug, “You're the only girl I want. Okay? Jake and I only want you around.”

She nods, and buries her face in my chest, “Will you take me home?”

I nod, “You're dad is waiting for you.”

“My dad?”

I nod, “He called me. That's why I went out looking for you. I texted your phone and he called me immediately after, on your phone.”

“He's gonna kill me.”

I shake my head, “He's gonna be happy youre safe. Just tell him you got lost. Because thats the truth right?”

She nod, “I couldn't find anything.. and.. I was scared.”

I pick her up, and I carry her home.

About 15 minutes later, I carry her up to the door and the door swings up quickly. I put her down as her dad rushes out and hugs her.

“Kaitlyn!” He hugs her tightly.

She hugs back, “Dad, I'm so sorry. I got lost and--”
“Shh, Just as long as your safe. Now who is this?”

“Uh yeah.. Dad, this is Cody. Cody this is my dad.”

“Nice to meet you, sir. I'm her English teacher.”

Her dad shakes my hand, and nods, “Thank you for finding my daughter.”

“Not a problem, sir..” I look over at her and nod.

“Dad... Cody's not only my teacher..”

“What?” He looks down at her then at me.

I scratch the back of my neck, nervously.

“We're also in a relationship...”

___________________________________________

Since i was like a week late or something last time, I decided to upload this chapter early. I hope you like it!! 

What do you think her dad is gonna say?! 

Comment! Vote! Add it to your reading list! You guys are the best!

Cae.