Kaitlyn

I saw him bite his lip, with a worried expression on his face. Here he was, asking me to give him another chance. On one hand, I'm so nervous to take him back because maybe he'll believe what others say again. But on the other hand, he's proven he still cares and he still loves me. I smile at him,

"Cody... Of course I'll give you another chance!"

He grins, and brings me closer, connecting his lips to mine in a slow, soft but very passionate kiss. I pull away and laugh as I wrap my arms around his neck as he pulls me into his lap. I bury my face in his neck, as He hums to me, while I smile. Really thankful to be his again. He makes me so incredibly happy. And Jacob is gonna be so excited to hear we're back together. I kiss his cheek and look at him.

"What song is that?"

He smiles, "A song, I wrote about you."

I smile, "You wrote a song about me?"

He nods, "Are you surprised?"

I laugh, "A little. Sing it to me?"

He smiles, "Back at home, when I have my guitar."

I smile and nod. I lay my head back on his shoulder, as he rubs my back and rocks us back and forth. I inhale his cologne that he knows is my favorite. I always had hope that we would get back together, but I never thought it would actually happen. I was thankful for him, for our family. I especially love that fact we can be seen in public together now.

It's been a week since, he asked me to be his again, and we have never been happier. Jake was excited when we told him, and so was his family. Derek wasn't all that excited, and trust me, I hate being around him, but for Cody I'd do anything. We're all sitting in his parents living room, watching a movie. I'm sitting on the floor, leaning against the couch between Cody's legs, with Jacob on my lap, my arms wrapped around him, while Cody runs his fingers through my hair absentmindedly, his eyes glued to the television. I don't think life can get better than this. I've barely spoken to Jace and Jennifer since they left for New York. I stayed behind to stay in community college because I didn't wanna leave my father, quite yet and I had Cody and Jacob. I missed them, but I know they're doing great in college. I kiss Jacob's head. Jacob picked the movie, and so we're watching the Lion King, which also happened to be Cody's favorite, hence why his eyes won't leave the TV. But.. those are my boys, and I love them to death. I feel Derek's foot nudge me, and I look over at him. He nods towards the kitchen and I sigh. I gently move, Jacob off my lap, and stand up and walk to the kitchen, followed by Derek. I turn to him.

"What do you want?"

"Alright, listen.. I'm sorry for.. getting between you and Cody. I didn't realize you two loved each other that much.. At first, it hurt to see you and my brother.."

"Why do you care? You had your shot, and you cheated on me.. the entire time with.. her. So, you had no right to do anything you did. Get use to the fact, that I love him. And I'm FINALLY happy.. because of him. You made me want to kill myself. I was so hurt when you cheated on me, because I was crazy about you. But, I'm not anymore. You're brother.. is so special to me. I really love him. And I love Jacob. I don't wanna lose them. Don't get between us again, Derek."

He shakes his head, "That's why I wanted to talk to you.." He scratches the back of his neck. "I want us to try to be friends.. For Cody's sake. I'm his brother.. I don't want to miss out on having an older brother because I don't get along with his girlfriend.."

I listen, as I nod. "We can try.. For Cody and Jake."

He nods, "Yes. Definitely. I just.. want my brother in my life."

I nod, "That's understandable. I don't want to come between you two... So... let's give it a shot."

He holds out his hand, "Friends?"

I nod, and shake his hand, "Friends."

He grins, "Alright. Let's get back out there.."

Cody walks in, "Hey.. Everything okay?"

Derek nods, "Yeah. Everything's great." He smiles at me. Cody raises an eyebrow at us, and I smile and wrap my arms around his waist,

"Derek and I have decided to try to be friends.. for you."

Cody smiles, "Really??" He wraps his arms around me.

I smile and nod at him, "really."

He smiles, "Thanks. Both of you."

I smile, "It was Derek's idea."

He lets go of me and hugs his brother, and I smile and lean against the counter, as they have their brotherly moment. I watch for a moment before grabbing a water and walking out to leave them alone. I sit back down and Jacob lays down, laying his head on my lap. This boy sure is cuddly. I smile and run my fingers through his hair as he falls asleep a few minutes later. I smile, as the movie ends. I stand up, picking Jacob up, and taking him upstairs. We agreed to stay the night at his parents house, so we could have breakfast together in the morning. I take him to his room, and lay him down, and kiss his head.

I smile as he rolls over, waking up slightly, "I love you, mom."

I smile, and stroke his cheek softly and whisper, "I love you too, lil man." I tuck him in, and walk out and run into a strong chest. I look up to see Cody smiling wide. I laugh softly

"You heard?" I smile at him, as He nods,

"I heard.. He even called you mom.."

I smile, and nod. "My heart melted a bit."

He smiles, and picks me up, and carries me off to his room, I look around,

"I've never seen your bedroom here."

He chuckles, "It's pretty boring."

I smile as he lays me on the bed and gets on top of me, pressing his lips to mine. I smile and kiss him back, as I snake my arms around his neck, running my fingers through his hair.

All I know.. is this man will be my happily ever after. Even if we have to go through hell and back. 

______________________________________________________________________________

So it's been wayyy to long since my last update! I am so sorry! College is a pain in the ass, family issues. Car issues. The whole thing. But, I promise to update more! I don't know how much longer until I finish this. I have no idea how to end it lmao. 

Thank you to everyone who has read this story and has continually showed their support and commented and voted. You guys are the absolute best! Please check out my other stories. It'd mean a lot to me! 

Thanks again! and I will update again soon! I promise! :) 

XO, Cae

Dream Catcher (Cody Carson story)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara