Chapter 38

"Come on, help me!" mr Lee said to his son as he tried to pick SeoJun up. SuHo nodded and they put him on the bed together. SuHo sat beside the unconscious guy and looked at him concerned, he kept moving SeoJun's hair from his forehead, trying to feel if his skin was too warm, if he couldn't breathe properly or if he just had some other kind of problems.

SuHo felt a hand patting his shoulder, he looked up and saw his father smiling at him and shaking his head.

"Do you think..."

"He's alright, he won't die just because I offered him an honeymoon with his crush" mr Lee said chuckling.

SuHo glared at him and left the bedroom. His father followed him confused.

"Why do you want me to make this relationship official? And I'm not even sure about SeoJun liking ..."

"Are you dumb son? Didn't you see how he looks at you? And I know what he did at school too... he loves you" his father replied.

"But you didn't answer... why do I have to make it official? I thought that it could ruin your reputation..."

"Ok... ok I will tell you, but promise me that you won't get angry" Mr Lee murmured

"I knew it..."

"Well... you were accused of negligence... the video clearly showed that you were on the rooftop and that you didn't help SeYeon... I knew that you were not guilty and a lot of people were sure about that too, especially after the meeting at the police station... but well... I preferred to speed it up a little..."

SuHo remained silent.

"This is why I want you to go to Japan... just to wait for things to cool down a bit... but since people would rapidly realize that I sent you there because I... helped you in a not so legal way... I need to tell them another reason... and a sort of honeymoon would be enough to cover all this mess"

"So this isn't a gift for me and SeoJun... you didn't accept me! You're doing this just because a son in jail would have been too much for your reputation!"

"No SuHo! It isn't like that! I swear! I know that you're innocent, but after what happened right after SeYeon's suicide I feared that you couldn't stand another hit like that... I couldn't let someone break my own son... I've done it once and it was enough... and for the record, I could have just hired an actress and say that she was your girlfriend... so yes, I accept you and SeoJun... is it clear?"

"If I believe you... will you hurt me again?" SuHo asked sobbing, mr Lee hugged his son tight

"No dear... I will not do such thing again... just tell me what you need and I will make you happy again..."