Gunshots to the heart

Emmet's P.O.V

Take Lea and run to the others, I'll cover you!! I ordered Kayla who was by my side and Lea sitting down in front of us, we were behind a car covering ourselves from the bullets.

No way!! I won't leave you here!! She argued shooting her rifle. I rolled my eyes, why does she have to be so stubborn?? 

Kayla, go! I'll be fine. I insisted. She ignored me and kept shooting. I sighed and started shooting again, in a couple of minutes I was out of bullets so I had to recharge. I kneeled down to grab ammo and talk to Lea.

Lea, are you okay? I asked sofly. She didn't even looked at me, 

Lea I need you to listen to me, Kayla won't leave me here alone, and I can't make her leave, but I need you to go to the others and get back to the house, Kayla and I will go there later. She looked at me, her eyes full of tears, she nodded and slowly stood up.

Where is she going? Kayla asked.

She's going back to the house with the others, we'll meet them there later. I explained. Kayla looked confused but she didn't asked me anything else, she gave Lea a quick hug and told her something I didn't heare with all the noise.

We'll cover you! I told lea. Lea grabbed a gun and took off running to the others while we covered her.

About 20 minutes later we saw one of the cars leaving, but I'm sure not everyone was in there. I turned my head to look at the roof where Sara is supposed to be and I saw her, shooting with her snipper rifle. The I looked to the van behind us, I managed to see two pairs of feet behind it, I bet Ray and Jackson are there. I sighed but I smiled too.

What are you smiling about? Kayla asked.

We're not alone. I said nodding towards the building and the van. She smiled, a little help is always good.

Kayla´s P.O.V

It's been almost 3 hours and we are still shooting, I don't even know why, their leader is dead and there is nothing they can do about it, I think is time for us to back down and get to the house, I'm sure everyone there is worried, I decided to tell Emmet my idea.

I think it's time for us to leave. I told him

Why do you think that? He answered.

We are just wasting bullets, this is not going to end, unless we stop and move one. I explained. He stayed quiet for a moment and then looked at me.

You're right, let´s get back to the others. He said.

Throw a can of tear gas, we get Ray and jackson, then Sara and we leave. I told him as he slowly stood up.

He threw the tear gas and we ran to the car where Ray and Jackson were, Ray had a cut in his head.

What happened to you? I asked Ray.

I had to fight with some guy, but he hit me in the head with his gun first, tried to knock me out but I managed to knock him out first. He explained.

I laughed at his way of explaining bad things in a funny way.

Anyway we need to leave before anything worse happens. Emmet said. 

Ray looked at Emnmet confused but didn't say anything, but as always Jackson oppossed.

Why? We are winning this fight. Jackson sighed.

Jackson this is not the right time to be sassy. I scolded him. He rolled his eyes.

Let's get Sara and leave. I said, everyone nodded and we slowly stood up, we were almost at the buidling but a familiar figure stopped us, she was running towards us:

Valerie!?! Jackson screamed, he ran towards her before anyone could stopped him.

I will always regret not going after him, what happened next was horrible. Gun shots erupted again, Jacksons lifeless body laid in front of his younger sister, the little girl stayed frozen, watching in horror what just happened, I ran to her, to protect her with my body, ignoring Emmet's and Ray's screams their  atempts to stop me failing,

You f*ckers!! You killed a kid!! I screamed my heart out, I pulled my gun out and shot a guy, I didn't even care if he had killed Jackson or not, I just shot him in cold blood.

 I got to Valerie picked her up in my arms and ran towards the guys, a bullet grazed my shoulder but I didn't care I kept running, Ray had tears streaming down his face, Emmet was about to cry, I was already crying, the pain of losing Jackson was too much, he was my little brother.  Out of nowhere Sara appeared.

We need to leave!! Now!! She rushed us.

I can't leave him here!! I need to take his body back to the house, give him a proper burial!! Ray answered, breaking down.

We'll cover you!! Go!! Emmet whispered. We all grabbed our guns and covered Ray while he recovered the body, it took a couple of minutes but he brought the body back, no, not the body I could see Jackson's chest barely moving.

He's still alive!! We need to get to the house right now!! Ray screamed with a hopeful look. We all smiled for a little bit, but this is not the time to celebrate. We all stood up, I still carried Valerie, we got to thr car and sped off. 

Jackson is bleeding badly, he got shot on the abdomen, he's spitting blood, that's not a good sign, he can barely talk and he's having trouble breathing.

Come on Jackson stay with me! Ray said holding his hand. Jackson started to cry silently.

Valerie is crying too, hell everyone is crying, including me, I never pry but I'm praying for Jackson, he need to get through this for his little sister... for us.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's REALLY short, sorry it took me soooooo long, I've been busy with exams and personal stuff, I'll try to update tomorrow, hope you liked it!!.

Tamara G.