Cold

Ray´s P.O.V

We looked at the "kids", how is it possible that they saved us? I started processing what they did, wait did they just killed people? They are children and they had to do that to save us?? It was our job to avoid that, they aren´t supposed to do that, they should be having fun and having no worries but I guess all that is gone. I know those people were bad and they wanted to kill us, but we should of been the ones to do that, I´m so dissapointed with myself, I feel like I let the kids down. I sound like a father, which I´m not but I care a lot about these kids, and I don´t want them to turn cold. The other thing that bothered me was that smile in their faces, they just killed people, how can they be smiling I know they were the ones who saved us, but this isn´t right in any way you see it. I think they wanted to prove us something.

Valerie, Cassy go and untie them, I´ll check the place to see if I can something of use. Jackson said, signaling Sara with his head to follow him.

Wait!! Don´t go on your own. Kayla said stealing the words off my mouth, that happened to us a lot since kids, it´s like we have a sibling connection.

What? why not? We just saved your butts a minute ago!! Jackson said annoyed.

We know you can take care of yourselves, but we´re going to need your help to get to the car. I lied, I didn´t wanted to start an argument, and Kyala is pretty good doing that, I needed to talk to the kids alone, Kayla isn´t sensible when it comes to this subjects.

Oh, right, Umm how can we help you? Jackson said calming down.

For starters you can help us to get up. I said joking. They started helping us to get up, But when Emmet´s turn arrived he refused.

I can´t get up, it hurts too much. He said sighing. Jackson opened his backpack and started searching for something, a couple of minutes later he pulled out of the bag a syringe and a little bottle with a green liquid. I recognized it  inmediately.

What´s that? Emmet asked confused.

It´s some kind of antibiotic to fight infections caused by wounds, Kayla and I found it in a military vehicle. I explained.

Do you want to take it? Just in case you get an infection, it will help you to not feel pain. Kayla asked Emmet.

Is it going to hurt, cause I don´t think I can´t take anymore pain. Emmet said nervous.

No, it wont hurt I swear. Kayla said grabbing his hand.

Then, what are you waiting for? Emmet said tightening his grip on her hand. Kayla grabbed the syringe and filled it with the green liquid, the instructions were at the back of the bottle. She injected Emmet and we waited for the antibiotic to make effect. 10 minutes later.

I think I´m ready, I don´t have pain anymore. Emmet said standing up. Kayla went to one of his sides and I went to the other to help him walk, his leg was numb so he couldn´t control it that much. Warren was infront of us in case Emmet fell down, at the back Lea and in front of everyone where Sara, Jackson, Valerie, Cassy and Calynn. When we were about to get out of the house we saw in the entrance the bodies of our attackers I almost puked to the sight of it, when we arrived to the car we sat Emmet on the front seat and let him rest. I glanced at Kayla her arm was purple and swollen, that freaking Bill guy hurt her more than she already was. 

You should rest too, I´ll go with Warren to look for a car. I said grabbing her shoulder. The car they brought was too small for all of us to fit in.